Mine

Rayna was fixing her hair while on Facetime with Anthony.

"I'm so happy for you getting this deal, Rayna." he said.

"I'm so excited. The contract with this publishing company will allow me to actually publish my work in stores and with their partner website I'll get all the publicity I need." she said picking up her brush.

"Aye! Look at my baby making money." he said.

"I'd be making more if I was a trainer." she said.

"Next subject." Anthony said trying to avoid an argument.

"You confident about your game?" Rayna said.

"49ers will be rough. I think we can pull through." he said with a hint of doubt in his voice."

"I know you'll pull through." Rayna said.

"What are the critics saying?" Anthony said.

"Who gives a damn, babe. Week 4 and y'all have not lost one game. Don't start doubting yourself. I know you can do it. It's just start of the season jitters." she said.

"You always believe in me." he said.

"It's in the job description." she said.

"I'll let you go. Love you, babe." Anthony said. Rayna blew a kiss before cutting off the call.

Rayna signed the contract and was overly excited to finally get her own source of income. She walked towards the elevator with one of the representatives. "It'll be great to have you on board with us, Ms. Clarke."

"Well, Harrison I'm excited to finally excited to be signed with someone." she said.

"How soon can we expect something from you?" Harrison said.

"As soon as I can make it home." Rayna said smiling.

"Great." he said pressing the down button on the elevator. The door opened. Harrison politely motioned her to come in. Rayna stepped in the elevator then pressed the button to go to the lobby. Harrison stepped in and stood beside her. "Can I ask a question?"

"Sure." Rayna said.

"Cookie Tyler, your writer's name. How did you come up with it?" Harrison said.

"Oh, god. Haha." Rayna said. "The name has a lot of my childhood in it. The street that I lived on was named Tyler. Cookie came from the fact that I had a huge thing for cookies."

"They did you justice." Harrison said. Rayna turned to him to see his wandering eyes and him biting his lip.

"Excuse me." Rayna said.

"I mean with your name and all." he said.

"Yeah, that's what I thought." she said.

Harrison saw Anthony's ring on her finger. "Oh, you're engaged?"

"No." Rayna said sighing. She constantly wore the ring on her left hand. It served as a reminder to stay hopeful that Anthony would marry her one day.

"Well, whoever he is, he is wasting your time." Harrison said pulling her close.

"He is not wasting my time." Rayna said, offended. She pushed him away. "And, I don't think it's company policy to flirt nor insult your clientele." she said.

"There's a lot of things I would love to do to your company policy wouldn't agree with." Harrison said grabbing her hand.

"Is sexual harassment one of them?" she said snatching away from him.