Leave Quietly

Anthony had come to his decision. It wasn't necessarily easy but, Anthony knew where he belonged. He knew for a fact which one of the women loved him. He knew who had his heart. He knew who made him feel good. He knew who he could go further with in the future. It was the end of two weeks. It came to his decision. He left home for his work out and once he returned home, Anthony was going to get things straight.

Rayna had missed her period and had been feeling a little under the weather the past few days. Rayna began to connect the dots and there was only one explanation. To be sure, she took a pregnancy  test and low and behold it read positive. Anthony and Rayna could finally start a family.

Rayna was overly excited and couldn't wait to tell Anthony. Finally, she could give him what he's always wanted. She knew the medicine had to work. All they had to do was try and they did. Now, their family could finally blossom. She rubbed her stomach in anticipation of bring life into this world. All she could think about was her becoming a parent. The look on Anthony's face was going to be priceless. 

It had been a struggle. After all this heartache and tribulation, Rayna cried tears of pure joy. She could finally give birth to a beautiful baby, put an end to this depression and bring Anthony back to her. They could be happy. It was hard and stressful but, now the dream was coming true. She could give Anthony the ultimate gift. The one thing Anthony had always wanted could finally by his. Their lives were going to be perfect.

Anthony picked up his phone when got in his car. He opened the text message thread with Ariane.

"Ariane. After that I'm coming over in about 2 hours." Anthony said.

Anthony drove home and walked into his house. Teenie was chewing on her toy being a happy dog. Anthony knelt to rub her head but Teenie pulled away from him. She had to grown apart from Anthony as he pulled away from Rayna. She knew what he was doing and didn't want to indulge him. Anthony sighed and walked off.

He walked into the kitchen and saw that Rayna had cooked his favorite meal. Lemon pepper chicken, pasta shells, green beans, and roasted potatoes. She must have just finished because it was still warm.

"Rayna!" Anthony called. He needed to talk to her. He needed to do this now while he had the courage. He walked upstairs and was met by Rayna in the hallway.

"Hey, baby!" she said with a huge smile and giving him a big hug. "I have a surprise for you!"

"Look, we need to talk." Anthony said ignoring her happy tone.

"Okay, you go first!" she said still smiling.

Anthony walked her to a living room on the second floor. He sat Rayna down on the couch then sat on the foot rest across from her.

"Listen, I really need to say this." Anthony said.

"What's up?" Rayna said trying to contain her excitement.

"I honestly don't know how to really put this so I'll do my best to just come out and say it." he said taking a deep breath. He felt his heart beating so fast that Anthony felt like he was on the verge of having a massive heart attack. He looked to the ceiling and prayed to God this would go over well.

"This must be something serious or it wouldn't be so hard to get out." Rayna said getting a little scared.

"Rayna, in the years we've been together I can say I've had an amazing time. You've loved me and it's been amazing loving you. You're beautiful and I've been a very lucky man so far. You've brought me joy. You've cared for me like no other woman has before." Anthony said holding her hand.

Rayna smiled. "I love you so much." she said before leaning into kiss him. Their lips touched and Anthony couldn't feel that spark that was there so he pulled away.