Hardship

Anthony was more than relieved to make it to the hospital and hear that Rayna was going to be fine. Yes, the wound was indeed fatal. The intruder almost got her lung and she even lost a lot of blood. Had the police not gotten to Rayna in time, she wouldn't be alive. The police caught men that broke in. Nothing was taken. No signs of forced entry.

All things considered, everything was fine. However, Anthony was less than fine. He was still so rattled at the fact that Rayna was almost gone. Staring at her in the hospital bed made him think of her in casket. Anthony was tired but forced himself to stay awake to watch her sleep. The fact she was so close to death was scary. The thoughts that ran through his head couldn't even suppressed by the happiest thoughts. He shivered at the thought of him planning her funeral. Terry came in the room.

"How you holding up?" He asked softly.

Anthony didn't answer.

"I uh I'm watching the house. I've called some people. Some people are coming today to fix the door and...to clean up the floor" Terry said.

"How bad is it?" Anthony said not taking his eyes off of Rayna.

"I know they said she lost a lot of blood...it's better if you don't know" Terry said, realizing Anthony was shaking at his words. "Don't torture yourself, Anthony. She's here. That's all that matters"

Anthony watched as she stirred and whimpered. "I wish I could take the pain away."

"Rayna is a strong girl. She'll bounce back." Terry said.

Rayna whined more as she gripped the sheets. "I asked the doctors to give her something so she can sleep." Anthony said.

"In the meantime, you should take a Valium. Last thing Rayna needs is you all uppity. Relax" Terry said.

Rayna squirmed in the bed. All she could hear was the words 'fat cunt'. She was in a dark room. Terry was there. So was Alexis. Her brothers, sisters, everyone. Calling her a fat cunt. She covered her ears and ran until she felt herself in her bed. Rayna turned to see Anthony laying next to her. He smiled before leaning over to kiss her. The kiss deepened as Rayna began to feel safe. Anthony caressed her as he pulled away. Rayna looked up at him as he towered over her. A smile came across his face. However, this smile wasn't his. It was wicked and was similar to that of the Cheshire cat.

"Anthony?" Rayna said.

"Fat cunt!" He yelled as he plunged the piece of glass into her.

Rayna screamed as she jumped up from her bed. Anthony jumped to her side and held her. She sobbed in the crook of his neck. Terry silently excused himself from the room.

"Ssh. I'm right here. I got you, baby" he said softly.

Anthony knew this would take a long time before Rayna was completely herself. This was going to be a process.

Rayna was out of the hospital and had just taken her shower. She looked at herself if the mirror of the closet that went from floor to ceiling. She dropped the towel and stared at herself. All she was ever told was that she had a curve ridden body, with a some extra meat of course. However other than that she was beautiful. Rayna didn't see that.

This day she saw, in the mirror, a disgusting blob of fat. Doctors advised minimum movement to keep her from busting her stitches. To Anthony, that meant bed rest. To Rayna, that meant she was going to gain weight and be even more of a fat cow then what she already was. Rayna grimaced at herself and proceeded to put on more sweat pants and a sweatshirt, anything to hide her body.

She went and laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Anthony came up the stairs. "Your mom is here, Rayna."

"Can just tell her I'm sleep?" Rayna said.