Something New

Anthony was downtown for a nice little fundraiser for underprivileged children in the city. He, being the spokesperson for the football team, went to show the Seahawks support in the program and also give a hefty donation.

He would have brought Rayna along but, at their current state it was best they stay separated when the chance came. It wasn't anyone's fault that they were having a problem having a child. They just need some space.

Anthony took pictures and smiled with other attendees and answering blogger's questions. It was like every other event. As much as he liked going to these events, things were starting to get boring. The same thing over and over. Anthony wanted something new.

"Mr. Steele, may I introduce you to my daughter?" one of the guests said. Anthony nodded. His eyes met a beautiful young woman. She had long dark hair, perfect skin, and a very slim figure. "This is my daughter, Ariane."

Anthony was struck by her beauty so much so that he almost forgot his manners and was delayed extended his hand for her shake.

"Honey, this is Anthony Steele. Quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks." the man said. Ariane shook Anthony's hand and smiled.

"Nice to meet you." Ariane said.

"Likewise." Anthony said smiling back.

"Oh, Ariane. I'll be right back, dear." Ariane's father said walking off.

Anthony was left alone with Ariane and didn't know what to really do.

"Do you do these events often?" Ariane asked.

"You'd think it would be part of my job, you know." he said chuckling. "What's your connection to this event?"

"My dad is best friends with the founder of the organization." Ariane said.

"What do you do?" Anthony asked.

"I'm trying to get into the music career. I've had a few gigs here and there. Next week, I have a meeting with an actually producer so, that might be my big break." Ariane said.

"Well, congratulations and good luck." Anthony said.

"Thank you." she said smiling. Anthony really liked her smile. There was a brightness about it. He got this warm feeling from it.

He was captivated by her beauty. The same way he was struck by Rayna. However, Ariane had a bit more lightness to her. She was more magical. The way she bounced around topic to topic. Cracking jokes just making Anthony forget about his problems at home. They had only known each other a short time and already she felt like a sweet escape.

Anthony and Ariane were still talking even after they said it was time for the other to go. They exchanged numbers and departed.

Anthony returned home with Teenie waited up for him. He knelt down to pet her as he always does. He went up to the bedroom and found Rayna hugging his pillow. He changed clothes and slipped under the sheet while removing the pillow from Rayna.

She stirred and groaned for a little at the fact she wasn't cuddling anything. Anthony pulled her close and held her. He laid in bed and thought about Ariane. How nice she was, how beautiful she was. This had been the first time that another woman was on Anthony's mind. It wasn't going to be the last.