Getting Involved

Anthony and Terry had to meet with Alexis. They all sat down at a secluded spot in a restaurant. Once, they order their drinks Alexis spoke.

"Why'd you call me Anthony?" she said bluntly taking off her sunglasses. "What so urgent you had to drag me all the way out here?"

Anthony didn't quite like Alexis. However, she was Rayna's best friend which meant he would compromise for Rayna's sake.

"Look, I plan on proposing to Rayna at the game this week." Anthony said.

Alexis almost screamed. "It took for-fucking-ever!" she said.

"I said the same thing." Terry said.

"Hey! Look, I brought you here over a few things. I want you in the plan because, of course, you'll be at the game and you'll be the one to bring her to the field at the end of the game." Anthony said.

"Win or lose? This is the game for you guys. You sure you want to do that?" Alexis said.

"Don't question him. He gets real sensitive." Terry whispered leaning in towards Alexis.

Anthony flicked him behind his ear. "Anyway, yes. Win or lose. I'm doing the proposal. Now, the next thing. We will be moving into a new house."

"And, he wants me and you to manage their things being moved in while they are gone." Terry said.

"And where is this house?" Alexis said.

"It hasn't been built yet." Anthony said.

"Yet, so this house is being built from the ground up? Damn, Anthony. What happened? Did you fall and bump your head?" Alexis said.

"And also with your eye for fashion and design, I want you to decorate the house. Plus, you know what Rayna likes." Anthony said.

"Alright, alright. I'll do it." Alexis said.

"Now, can you keep quiet about this until Sunday?" Anthony said.

"Sure. I'll play along." she said stirring her drink.

"I'm serious, Alexis." he said.

"Anthony, relax. The woman said she'd do it." Terry said patting him on his back.

Anthony came home to Teenie hopping on him and licking him. "Yeah, love you too." He pulled her off. Anthony traveled up the stairs of his house and walked into his bedroom. Rayna was sitting on the bed browsing on her laptop.

"What you doing?" he said. Rayna slammed her laptop shut. Anthony tossed his bag aside and looked at her curiously. "Something I'm not supposed to know about?"

"No..." Rayna said biting her lip.

"Why?" he said sitting at her feet. "What are you trying to hide from me?" Anthony started to reach for the laptop when Rayna eased it away. He quickly snatched it from her.

"Ah! Damn it, Anthony. You broke my nail!" she said.

"Ah ah ah. Language, baby." he said as he logged back into her laptop. "I'll pay for you to get them done." Anthony pulled up pictures of wedding dresses. He scrolled the photos attentively, envisioning Rayna in each one of the dresses. He clicked on one and turned the computer around.

"I like this one." he said.

Rayna looked him, strangely. Usually, Anthony would hand her the computer back and go about his business, trying to avoid an argument. He was actually entertaining it. Where did this change come from?

"Show me which ones you looked at." he demanded handing her laptop.

Rayna took back her laptop and pulled up the other dresses she liked. It amazed her how much he paid attention. Anthony talked about what he liked about each dress. Rayna and Anthony talked for hours, which weddings they've been to, what people did, the ugly dresses they saw and the over emotional family members.

"And, I'll never forget my cousin Javon's wedding. His wife had this ugly, ugly, ugly pearl dress. It was raggedy. The dress looked so old and it smelled, too." Rayna said.

"Where did the dress come from?" Anthony asked wrapping an arm around her, cuddling her.

"It was her aunt's! That dress was from the 30's!" Rayna exclaimed.

Anthony erupted in laughter. Rayna laughed with him, patting his chest.

"I promised myself my wedding dress would be no where near ugly." Rayna said calming down.

"Your dress won't be ugly at our wedding." Anthony said. Anthony realized what he said but he wasn't going to panic over it. If he did panic, Rayna would know something was up. He figured Rayna would think it was nothing and brush it off. Rayna wasn't going to. She heard what he said. However, this was too good of a moment to even think something that might ruin this moment. She locked onto Anthony and buried part of her face in his chest.

After both of them becoming quiet, they fell asleep in eachother's arms.