This Is It

"Can someone please figure out when the damn cake gets here?!" Alexis yelled out into the hallway. She closed the door and went back doing Rayna's makeup. "I can't believe Anthony wanted to hire a makeup artist. Like I wasn't good enough."

"The man wanted her to have the best." Maya said unbraiding her hair.

"And I'm your sister's best friend, honey. I'm the best thing that's happened to her...besides Anthony of course." Alexis said.

"Best makeup, best dress, best food, best everything." Rayna said.

"The best for the best he'll ever have." Alexis said.

"I mean everything is just beautiful." Maya said. "You guys really did pick the perfect place to get married."

Rayna was just in awe of what was going to transpire in a few hours. Her and Anthony were going to be bond to each other until the end of time and even then they would still last forever.

"Maya, look." Alexis said nudging Rayna. "Your sister is so in shock that she can't even hear you."

"I'm sorry, Maya. What did you say?" Rayna said trying to stay grounded.

"I said to bring me something back from the trip." Maya said.

"I'll see what I can do." Rayna said.

"What Rayna means by that is if her and Anthony get a break from fucking, she'll get you something." Alexis said.

The girls burst into laughter so loud they almost couldn't hear someone knocking on the door.

"Maya, honey, get the door." Rayna said.

"It better be whoever the hell Anthony hired to do your hair." Alexis said looking at her watch.

Maya opened the door and her expression changed. She looked to Rayna with a solemn face as Tyra entered the room.

Rayna had not seen her mother since she last left Texas. When they lock eyes, it was like a match between to the two of them to see who could look more made of stone than the other. It was dead silent, it was like time stopped. Alexis looked to Maya, seeing her look somewhere between shook and not knowing what to say.

"Alexis. Go with Maya and see what catering is doing." Rayna said.

Alexis motioned Maya to the door and left the room.

"What do you want, Tyra?" Rayna said crossing her legs in the salon chair.

Tyra walked around the room, gliding her hand across the walls, touching the flowers. She peeled back the curtain and looked out to the glorious set up that was getting its finishing touches. She caught eye of Anthony tossing a ball around with Terry. She remained silent as she continued to scan the scenery and the room. Rayna became annoyed, feeling as if Tyra was taunting her.

"I asked you what you wanted, damn it." she said more sternly.

Tyra looked at Rayna. "You make such a beautiful bride, Rayna." Tyra said.

"And you make such a wicked witch. Now why are here?" Rayna said growing more annoyed, tapping her nails on the handle of the chair.

"You must have gotten that from me. The sassy snapbacks. I did that when I was your age." Tyra said.

"Hmm. Other than that, I'm nothing like you." Rayna said. "Can we just skip the small talk? It's a waste of my time and yours. Let's get down to the damn point. I still have makeup to finish and hair to be done so again. What do you want, Tyra?"

"I guess...What I want is to...make amends." Tyra said.

"Well, damn. I didn't think the word 'sorry' or 'apologize' was in your vocabulary." Rayna said.