Making Plans

Anthony got done showering after practice and walked out into the locker room. Now that practice was over, all he could think about was Rayna and the wedding they were going to have. He looked at venues all across the nation, looked at tuxedos, watched videos of weddings. He was probably more excited than Rayna would be once the ball got rolling.

After getting dressed, Anthony and Terry got in the truck and made their way to a restaurant.

"So how's Rayna holding up?" Terry asked.

"She is doing great. At first, it was taking one day at a time. Now she's bouncing around like he's still here. I'm sure he is in her heart." Anthony said.

"That's good." Terry said. "So are you going with my idea or are you doing something else?"

"I'm going with your idea. But at what game is the question." Anthony said.

"Where's the ring?" Terry said.

"It's in the safe in my office. Rayna doesn't have the passcode to it so the likelihood of her getting it is slim to none." Anthony said.

"You sure she doesn't know the code?" Terry said.

"Positive." Anthony said pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant.

They hopped out of the vehicle and went inside. "So, are y'all going to jump right into a wedding or are you two just want enjoy things first?" Terry asked.

"I don't know. It's what Rayna wants. I'm going to let her start making decisions about us for a change." Anthony said.

"Wow, you are going to change." Terry said a little shocked. "My baby boy is growing up."

"Haha, very funny." Anthony said walking into the restaurant. "Table for two please." he said to the Maitre D'.

"Make it four." a familiar voice said.

Anthony and Terry turned to see Rayna and Alexis. Anthony smiled and pulled his beautiful soon to be fiancee in for a hug.

"Where did y'all come from?" Terry said waving at Alexis.

"We saw the truck when we pulled in so I thought we'd all have lunch together." Rayna said.

"She wanted lunch. I wanted alcohol." Alexis said.

"Isn't a little early for you?" Anthony said.

"It's never too early for a margarita." Alexis said sticking her tongue out at Anthony.

"I think I'll have one with you." Terry said putting his arm around Alexis.

"Right this way please." the man said. They followed the guy to a booth and sat down.

"So how was practice?" Rayna said.

"Practice was fine." Anthony said.

"Are you guys going all the way?" Alexis said.

"We're hoping." Terry said.

"You guys will make it. I have faith." Rayna said.

"Even after we beat your team." Anthony teased nudging her.

"Don't push it." Rayna growled. "But don't worry. Cowboys will have their year."

"Oh, really. Yeah, we'll see." Terry said.

"Whatever." Rayna said.

After they enjoyed their meals, Anthony and Terry split the bill. They walked out of the restaurant and went to their respective cars. Rayna went to Anthony's side of the car. He rolled down the window to hear her talk.

"You'll be home right after you drop Terry off?" She asked.

"I'll try to be. Why?" he asked.

"Just making sure?" she said. "See you at home."

"Bye, baby." he said pulling out.

"Bye, baby" Terry mocked.

"You just mad I'm not marrying you." Anthony said.

"Nah, Rayna can have you. It'll keep you out of my hair for a while." Terry said.

"Aw, you sure you won't miss me?" Anthony teased.

"Nope. I'll be glad you'll be gone." Terry said. "No more babysitting you. I don't have to hear whine and complain. Oh God, I can't wait."

"You'll come running back." Anthony said.

"But I'm not a running back." Terry said. Anthony gave him a playful punch in the shoulder.