History Pt. 4

Anthony continued to sleep with Bridget. He thought if he kept doing it that terrible feeling would just go away. It didn't. In fact, it got worse. No matter how many times he touched her, no matter how good it felt, no matter how much better it got, Anthony still felt like crap afterwards. He still didn't know a lot about her. All he knew was her name and that she was in the 11th grade. They'd make it a regular thing to mess around. Only Tommy knew about them.

The last couple of times Bridget was supposed to meet with Anthony, she'd skip out. She'd leave notes in his locker to meet again, but sometimes she'd never show up. When they'd pass each other in the hallway, she'd act all squirrelly.

Anthony didn't know what her problem was. However, maybe it was best they stop seeing each other. The weight on his shoulders from sleeping with her lessened as their 'meetings' were less frequent.

Anthony got a call from Tommy to meet him at the local pond. The pond was hangout for everyone to go to. Whether it was to get away for a couple of hours or just to hang and look at the stars.

Anthony made the 4 mile walk from his house. Tommy was waiting.

"Tommy!" Anthony yelled walking up. Tommy met him halfway.

"Thanks for coming, man." Tommy said.

"What is it you couldn't tell me over the phone?" Anthony said.

"Yeah. That girl you've been seeing? Bridget is her name right?" Tommy said.

"Yeah." he said getting uncomfortable.

"Grey eyes? Milk white skin?" Tommy said getting a little nervous.

"Yeah. Why?" Anthony said.

"Dude! Oh my God! That's Marvin James's girlfriend!" Tommy said.

"What?!" Anthony said, confused. "Bridget said she was new."

"Marvin was going on about how he got this new girlfriend. And I just came from Garrett's house. He was there and he was heated! Said that Bridget told him she had been screwing you. I didn't think it was the same girl!" Tommy explained.

"Ah, shit! That's why she has been skipping out on me! How long have they been dating?" Anthony asked.

"A week. Maybe 2" Tommy said.

Anthony had been seeing Bridget for almost a month. He felt the cold run down his spine.

"Anthony, he is looking for you!" Tommy said.

Marvin James was a force to be reckoned with. He was 6'3 and 265 lb. of muscle and an offense linemen. When he stepped on the field, players of the opposing team shook. Anthony was already envisioning a trip to the hospital.

"I'm dead." Anthony said.

"Yeah...you are." Tommy said as he looked past Anthony. Anthony turned to see Marvin's car pull up. He and Bridget hopped out the car.

"Marvin stop!"she yelled.

Anthony turned to Tommy only to see a cloud of dust where he was standing. He looked up to see his friend sprinting towards the trees. Anthony turned to see Marvin getting closer. The closer he got, the bigger he got.

"Be cool." Anthony said.

"Son of a bitch!" Marvin yelled swinging the Louisville Slugger bat in his hand. Anthony dodged the swing.

"Marvin stop!" Bridget yelled.

Marvin took another swing. Anthony managed to knock the bat out of his hands only to me tackled by Marvin. Anthony felt pain in his abdomen as he hit the hard wood of the old dock. Hard hits felt different without the pads to protect you. Anthony laid helplessly as Marvin delivered punches to his face. Anthony wasn't use to taking a beating. It was him who usually the bully. This was painful and embarrassing.