Teenage Dream

[I don't own any rights to the music]

In the morning I woke up very naked in bed next to my very naked best friend. The way the sunlight beamed in her she was glowing. I admired her for a second and put a small kiss on her forehead put on some clothes before walking out to make her breakfast. I made her some French toast with freshly chopped strawberries and Nutella drizzle. Then took it back to her.

"Chase wake up, I made you breakfast and you have your audition in a couple of hours", I say rubbing her arm to wake her.
She opens her eyes and look and me with a smile.
"You smiling at me or the food?", I ask.
"You were the real meal last night", she says in her morning voice.
"Good to know you have so regrets about it", I reply. She sits up and realizes she is naked so I throw her one of my favorite shirts and place the food on her lap. She begins to eat from it and I sit next to her.
"Penny for your thoughts", she asked me.
"Uhh.. what does this... I mean was it a...are we going to... uh", stuttering over what to say, she stops me.
"I had a great time last night, you provided me plenty of pleasure and in your arms I felt safe, you were gentle and passionate. I don't know what it means, I don't know how to really feel about it because you are my best friend. You know I love you and I don't regret it..." she says.
"But ?" I ask.
"I have to focus on my acting, you have to focus on your singing. We are young, I don't want to lose you as a friend so I don't think we should cross that line. But god y/n that chemistry, you set my standards pretty high", she jokes at me trying to lighten the mood.
I would be lying if I said my heart wasn't broken, or that I'd ever be able to look at her and not picture her naked in bed with me but she was right.
"Alright then bestie, you have an audition to get ready for and I have music to write. Chop, chop"

Lizzie went to get ready for her audition and I stayed in my room jotting down notes and melodies in my head. I beginning to sing out loud.

[Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance, until we die
You and I, will be young forever

You make me
Feel like I'm livin' a teenage dream
The way you turn me on, I can't sleep
Let's run away and don't ever look back, don't ever look back
My heart stops...]

"I like it", Lizzie's voices startled me.
"What is it about?", She asked.
You, I think to myself. "Just puppy love stuff", I say.
"Seems like someone is heart broken Marshall", she says walking in my room. To change the conversation I ask her
"Is that my shirt?"
"Yeah you threw it at my this morning it's really comfortable, so I put it back on", she says.
"Well I am expecting it back", I say.
"No chance I've decided this is my good luck shirt", she says crossing her arms and pouting at me.
"You adult baby", I insult.
"Well I am heading out wish me luck", she says.
"You don't need luck Olsen, you are going to be bigger than your sisters someday I know it", I praise.
"Speaking of sister are any of them single? Maybe I can date my way to the top perhaps Ashley...", I tease.
"I don't understand your obsession with my sisters", she says.
"They are iconic childhood twin actors and cmon they are pretty hot and mysterious. Really nice too", I say.
"I am hot and mysterious", she argues.
"No chase you are beautiful and annoying, now leave to your audition and do good things", I say pushing her out my room to the door.

4 hours later, I was still in my room and my phone rings.
"I got it!", Lizzie screams.
"I knew you would chase, why did it take so long?", I ask.
"We got to discuss flying out to LA to start shooting, they want me there as soon as possible so I told them I would leave tomorrow and I've been setting up to take classing on LA to finish up my degree", she says.
"Wow...tomorrow that's awesome Elizabeth I am proud of you" , I say genuinely happy for her but heart broken as well.
"What's with the tone and you never call me Elizabeth", she questions.
"Nothing I am proud of you, and just practicing using your full name for when you are famous", I tease.
"Well I'll be back in a few, I gotta pack and hit the road", she says and I end the call. I officially lost my best friend to Hollywood, I felt mixed emotions because I knew all the work she put in but god was I going to miss the hell out of her.
I wondered if anything would change between us. Or if we would be lifetime friends.