Blessing in disguise

[i don't know the rights to any songs/lyrics]

I get to the shop and people are already sitting, enjoying there coffee. I walk up to the counter to help with orders.
"Hey boss", Gwen says to me. Gwen was my cousin and co worker, she only recently moved to New York and my parents told me to give her a job at the shop for experience.
"Hey kid", I say to her. We take care of some orders. Some people already take taking in the mic, doing poetry, just playing instrument, and stand up comedy. Which is what I enjoyed about my shop it really became a small community of coffee lovers.

A woman in a hood and big glasses walks in with her head down, walking up to the counter.
"Hey what can I get for you?", I ask. She seems to freeze for a bit.
"We have Frappuccino, cappuccinos, teas, coffees, lattes, soft drinks, wine, lemonade, and for a limited time the Avengers latte", I say explain our drinks she seemed new and lost.
"Avengers latte?", she questioned and I saw a small smile form on her face.
"Yup it's a mocha latte but we make an Avengers logo on it with foam", I say.
"I'll take one of those", she says. She hands me her card for payment, and I take it.
"So you like the avengers ?", she asked.
"Yeah I do, decided to incorporate it into my shop. But who doesn't love superheroes", I say handing her back her card and reaching for a cup.
"You've seen all the movies? Who's your favorite?... out of curiosity", she asked me kind of  aggressively
"Yeah I have and I'd have to say black widow as she was the one who got me into it", I say and the stranger groans in disagreement.
"I take it your not a fan of the black widow", I ask.
"No I am, just not the answer I was expecting", she says. I leave the conversation at that.
"Can I get a name for your order?", I ask. She freezes again.
"Liz....Natasha romanoff", she says. I laugh at her name choice.
"Alright Natasha, order will be ready in a few. Fill free to take a seat wherever. It is open mic night so if you want to step up there you can", she walks away and sits in the corner by herself with little light around her. What a mysterious girl. I get her occasionally glance over at me but I wouldn't look back at her. A few minutes later Melissa walks in with scooter.

I stepped away from the counter to go greet them I give Melissa a hug and she places a kiss on my cheek, I can feel the stranger throw daggers with her eyes towards the interaction. I shake scooters hands and sit them down to talk.
"Can I get you any drinks ?", I ask.
"No we are fine but you get get on that stage and show us some talent", scooter says.
"I'll go work the counter while you do your thing", Melissa gets up to go help customers, I walk to the break room and grab my guitar to head to the stage.

"Hello everyone my name is y/n Marshall, I own this shop and I am going to sing you all two songs I wrote if you don't mind", people cheer and clap. I look towards scooter doing the same as the crowd and the stranger in the corner who doesn't take her eyes off me. I begin to play my guitar chords and sing,

[But in another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were
The one that got away
The one
The one
The one
The one that got away
All this money can't buy me a time machine, no
Can't replace you with a million rings, no
I should've told you what you meant to me (whoa)
'Cause now I pay the price
In another life
I would be your girl
We'd keep all our promises
Be us against the world
In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say you were
The one that got away]

I finished the song and everyone stands up to cheering. "Thank you, thank you. All the heart break paid off!", the crowd laughs. "This next one is called the night we met", I sing the song and get the same reaction. The stranger just stared at me and smiled before she walked out leaving a note on her table, with her number on it. "Send me a message later on, -Natasha <3". How bold, I don't even know her real name.

Scooter walks towards me, "you really wrote those?", he asked.
"Yes sir"
"Must have been through a lot of heart breaks", he says.
"Not really, only one that I will never be over"
"If it gets to to write like that then maybe it was a blessing in disguise", he says, "I'd like to sign you we can get you recorded, get some songs out, albums, tours. Everything. I can help you, change your life. Come with me to LA, if you want you can even open up this coffee shop out there, it will be a hit in LA"
"Are you serious?", I get a bit teary.
"The world has wanted long enough, I think they are ready for you", he says.
"I'm in"

After setting up our next meeting and plans, I head home really happy about the day. My life was about to change. I remembered I got the strangers number I decided to text her.

[Lizzies perspective]
I went to the shop and gladly y/n didn't notice she was even talking to me, I wanted to come out and say it was me but I got to nervous. I was actually shocked she watched marvel and I was hoping I was her favorite character but of course it had to be scarlet. I head to my Hotel and suddenly get a message.

Y/n- hey agent romanoff

Holy shit, she actually texted me. Of course she didn't know it was me but at least now I know her number. I panic over what to say, then I get another message.

Y/n- sorry didn't mean to come off as creepy but you never told me your name and you did give me your number soo yeah...

What a dork, some people never change I thought to myself. Then I reply.

Me- hey glad you messaged me
Y/n- well you told me too
Me- so your submissive ;)
Y/n- haha i don't know you well enough to answer that, so why leave me your number ?
Me- obviously to talk more about the avengers...btw you sounded great singing.
Y/n- thanks glad you enjoyed it...what about the avengers?
Me- any other characters that catch your eye ?
Y/n- pretty much have an emotional attachment to everyone.
Me- haha.

I wanted to ask her about Wanda but I was scared, what if she said something bad about me or the character.

Me- opinions on the maximoff girl ?

She lags to reply for a while, great I scared her off I think to myself. Was she hesitant on what to say ? Did she know it was me ? I highly doubt it, I panicked.

Me- So I asked for you number because you said you liked the avengers. I can get you tickets for the premiere of Captain America: civil war ! I have connections. If you would like to go.
Y/n- you would do that for a stranger lol?

Thank god she replied.

Me- only strangers who like marvel.
Y/n- so me and you going to the premiere?
Me- I actually have to work that day... but I can hook you up.
Y/n- well that would be awesome! The whole cast is gonna be there!
Me- yeah you can probably meet Scarlett since you love her so much
Y/n- please like any of them would pay attention to me. This is the second best news I got today so thanks

Second best ? What was the first I ask to myself.

Me-No problem I'll be in touch soon to give you your tickets, dress nicely !

She doesn't respond to me, it was nice texting her again even though she doesn't know it's me. I call my agent and tell him to give me an extra ticket info to send to her for the premiere. Maybe I would get the chance to talk to her there. Or who knows.