We Bulit Sandcastles

[I don't own the music I also switched the lyrics to fit the situation better, sorry Beyoncé !]

Lizzie went upstairs and came back down stairs with a hat, a sweater and a scarf. She grabs her keys and walks towards the door,
"Cmon let's go", she sends me a devious smile.
I get up from my seat put the dish in the sink and follow her out. It was dark outside and I had no idea where we were going. The trip was silent and when we finally arrived I see sand in my surroundings and the moon lighting up the ocean ahead of me. She gets out her car and goes to the trunk to get a blanket.

"Why are we at the beach at night ?", I ask.
"It's peaceful and quiet here on the beach, and we can walk around the pier.", she says dragging me to the sand to sit down. We find a spot and she lays down the blanket for us to sit on. I take a seat in the corner and stare off into the water. She does the same. Something about the ocean was very peaceful and frightening. We both got lost in thought enjoying each others company, I wanted to talk to her but sometimes words I can't say are expressed in my music.

We built sandcastles that washed away,
You made me cry when you walked away,
Oh, and although you promised that you wouldn't change, baby
Every promise don't work out that way, oh, babe

Dishes smashed on the counter from our last encounter
Pictures scratched on the frame
Bitch, I scratched out your name and your face
What is it about you that I can't erase, baby ?
Well every promise don't work out that way, no no babe

And my heart is broken cause you walked away
Show me your scars and I won't walk away
Oh, and i know you promised that you wouldn't change, baby
Every promise don't work out that way, no no no mo

I stare at her and she looks at me with teary eyes, She looks back out into the ocean and wipes her tears. I pull her closer to comfort her and she pushes me away. Ouch. We fall into a silence, she stare into the ocean and I stare at her, the moon light made her glow, and the small wind moving her hair behind her face.

[Lizzies perspective]
After y/n sang the song, I felt upset with myself, I know she must be confused about my actions lately. They were confusing me too. These emotions were overwhelming, I don't under them. What I did know is that, I have never felt more cared and loved then when I was around y/n. I know is she in love with me, she wants to move on for the sake of the friendship but I don't want her to stop loving me. I wanted every piece of her, I love how much she loves me. I was an idiot for never seeing it. Is it selfish ? Too keep her lingering.

I want her, I never stopped thinking about her. The day we slept together it felt right, I feel right being with her right now. I think I like my best friend. No I am an idiot, I thought to myself. I know I like my best friend. I always have, so I walked away because I was to afraid of being with her. Now this, this feels right.

I put my head down and sigh, I have to say something. Say anything. I don't want to lose y/n, and I don't want to keep hurting y/n.
"Y/n", I say.
"Yeah", she responds. I turn my head to her and move my body in front of hers.
"I kept in touch with clay and not you, that isn't fair to you. I know it doesn't make sense. I promise you that someday I will explain it all to you.", I grab her hands, "I surely don't deserve it, but I know I won't ever leave you again. I won't promise it to you but I'll prove it in time. Wait for me ?"
"What am I waiting for Lizzie ? There is nothing to wait for. I am here right now, I am your friend. As much as it pains me because I can't stop thinking about how madly in love with you I am", she tells me.
"Don't stop being in love with me", I respond.
"Lizzie you are being selfish", she says
"I am not just please trust me and just wait for me", I say. She stares at me confused and lost.
"You aren't making much sense chase, but I'll wait", y/n smiles lightly. I pull her in for a hug and put a quick kiss on her forehead before pulling away.

[y/n perspective]
I reach out my hands for Lizzie to grab so she could help me get up and fails miserably, she pulls me up and I get up a few inches only to fall back down accidentally pulling Lizzie down with me.
We are laughing hysterically and Lizzie is on top of me, Deja vu.

"You are an imposter, you are a super hero and you have noodle arms", I tell her and she breakout out laughing, making me laugh more.
"Shut up, Wanda Maximoff could beat you up in a second", she takes her hand brushing sand and hairs off my face. Our laughter dies down and she is still on top of me staring at me.
"I'd like to see her try", I tell her. Lizzie scrunches her nose at me and giggles, we are still staring at her. I am mesmerized by her beauty. I don't even notice her getting closer to me. I feel the tip of her nose on mine and we are centimeters apart.
"Lizzie...what are you doing ?", I ask in a soft voice. I get nervous, she is about to kiss me ?
"I... don't...know", she says back at me and then giggles pulling away getting off me, I let out a breathe.
"Cmon Marshall let's go get some funnel cake at the pier", she says pulling me up properly this time. This woman is going to be the death of me.

"What about getting recognized?", I ask her.
"That's what the hat and big sweater is for but there isn't much paparazzi at beaches especially at night". She tells me.
"Why didn't you want to be my friend publicly?", I ask.
"Sorry, I think I was just in my head because of the things people assume about me on the internet but fuck it let the world know Y/n Marshall is my best friend."
I give her a smile because she was willing to be I public with me, despite her hating people getting into her personal life. We make our way to the pier, I was feeling more and more in love with Lizzie by the minute. She is different after all of our conversations and I wonder what caused the change.

Authors note-
Fun fact: I actually have sang "sandcastles" the beach when I was in my feelings. It was very therapeutic and I cried.
Also y/n is so clueless 🙄🤚🏽like hello Lizzie obviously likes you 🏃🏽‍♀️
(Not me saying this, while also being the writer of this hehe)
Hope everyone is having a good day or night <3 wherever you are from lol