I Need A Raise

I go outside after Mellissa, I see her just stand in front of the coffee shop leaning on the wall.
"Are you okay ? It's cold outside", I take of my coat, walk over to her putting it over her shoulders.
"Yeah I just wanted some fresh air", she tells me but I don't believe her. I sigh and just stand next to her and she sighs.
"It's hard to see you with her", she tells me, "it's hard seeing you so happy with Lizzie. I am happy for you of course but I mean I don't know how long it will take for to be over you y/n."

"Robbie seems like a nice guy", I tell her nudging her shoulder and she laughs.
"He does seems like nice guy, you know he gave me his number?", she tells me with a smile.
"I feel there is a but coming...", I say.
"But I think I can't be around you, for now. I'll still handle everything for you behind the scene. I'll try to make to your concerts for course and when I am over it, you can tell me everything I've missed.", she tells me, I take a deep breathe.

"You were suppose to be there through it all, living my dreams with my best friend at my side.", I tell her sadly.
"I think you'll be fine, and occupied", she tells me looking inside at Lizzie.
"Don't do that, don't make it seem like I choose her. You know that I love you Mel. I still need my best friend in my life", I tell her.
"I know and I don't mean to leave you on bad terms which is why I am telling you right now, I need time away to get over you."
"This isn't fair", I say and she pulls me for a hug.
"I believe we'll be okay"
We both turn back around looking through the window.

"Are you going to text Robbie ?", I ask her.
"Yeah I think I will eventually, he is all the way in Los Angeles though", she tells me.
"Well whenever you decided you are ready, maybe we can go on double dates in LA", I tell her jokingly, "too soon?", I ask and she just shakes her head.
"That was a very y/n appropriate response", she tells me and we head back inside. I see they are all still sitting down, I walk back over to the cashier to help Gwen. Mellissa joins the group again sitting down next to Robbie.

"Hey Gwen, how was your Christmas?", I ask.
"It was good, and yours ?", she asked
"It was good kid, I still have to get you a gift. I have no idea what to get you so any ideas what you want ?", I ask her. She looks at me for a second.
"You could...you could adopt me!", she say in a low voice.
"If it were easy, I probably would", I tell her and pull her for a hug and give her a kiss on the forehead. "I know, it was just a joke...", she tells me and I laugh as we get back to work.

[Lizzies perspective]
"It's still so early!", Aubrey says groaning, "I just want to sleep", and clays agrees with her.
"How about we go find a hotel for you guys to rest and we meet up later for dinner before everyone leaves", Robbie suggest to the group and most of them nod their heads.

"Sounds good", Aubrey says getting up ready to leave and joins her.
"Lizzie are you coming with us ?", Robbie asked me and I shake my head no.
"Umm....Mellissa would you like to join us ?", Robbie asked her. "I have to get to work soon but thank you for the offer, maybe I'll meet you guys for dinner", she tells him and he smiles, then walks away with Aubrey and clay, who are telling y/n the plan.

"Mellissa wait before you go...", I tell her and she stops to stare at me.
"This is weird but I could take y/n on a date around her...", I ask her, she gives me a small smile.
"Anywhere really...take her for a walk on Central Park and do things with her...she has always wanted to just be a goof around Central Park.", she tells me with a smile.
"Thank you", I say
"Take care of her, I mean it this time", she tells me and I nod and walks out the door, everyone else leaves with her after they say goodbye to y/n. I use this time to walk over to y/n.

"Hey!", I tell her.
"Hey Chase, you want some more coffee ?", she asked. I suddenly feel nervous around y/n but maybe because it was truly the beginning for what I've always wanted with her, but was afraid to admit.

"No I am okay though I have another question to ask you", I tell her. She walks to her expreso machine and started to pour some coffees in cups.
"Okay ask your question!", she yells over to me. I am trying to think of a creative way to ask.
"Can you teach me to make coffee ? With your fancy machines and I'll make an order for you ?", I ask her, she smiles and opens up the path way for me to get in.
"Okay so first...", she says
"No wait... go outside, order a coffee then teach me and I'll hand it to you.", she laughs at my request but still does as I tell her, I watch her walk completely outside and come back in.

"Oh boy ! I'll tell you that it is freezing out there! I sure could use a coffee!", she says overacting causing me to crack up.
"Well ma'am this is a coffee shop, what can I get you miss...?"
"Y/n...y/n Marshall", she tells me and I smile.
"I'll take a medium almond milk latte with a shot of expresso", she tells me and walks back over to the area of coffee making.

"Okay so first thing first, take the cup and put the name" she tells me
"I'll do the name later", I tell her and she nods.
"Next I grab the almond milk, grab the coffee, pull this lever which puts the coffee down to the cup",
"Then grab the measuring cup and pour it half way and pour that to the coffee cup", I do as she says.

"Next you walk over to the expresso machine, push down the lever and let it fall on the cup, stir and boom almond milk latte!", she says.

I walk over to the expresso machine but I can't pull the lever down, she sees me struggling so y/n walks over to me and places her hand on my waist and with her other hand on top of the one on the lever, helping me pull it down. I turn to look at her over the shoulder and smile. "Noodle arms", she taunts and goes back outside of the cashier to wait for me to finish the coffee.

I quickly write grab a marker and write something on it before walking back to the coffee to y/n. I go to hand her the coffee and she tastes it not acknowledging what I had written on it.
"Coffee is the best I've ever had", she tells me then she finally looks at the cup and I get nervous.

"Will you go on a date with me ?", she reads out loud, I placed a heart in the corner. I take my hand cover it over my mouth because I don't know what she will say or how she will react.

"I am going to have to take this up with HR. I don't know if I can date employees", y/n tells me with a smirk as if she didn't own this shop and I roll my eyes and she smiles, she turns around and talks to herself then turns back to face me.

"I just asked the manager and she said it's okay", y/n says and I break out into laughter.
"You are such a loser", I tell her and she just smiles shaking her head.

"Are you seriously asking me on a real date though ?", she asks and I nod my head, the smile on her face grows and she begins to blush which makes me happy.
"Id love to go on a real date with you chase", she tells me and I smile.
"When ?", she asked.
"Huh right now...If Gwen will cover for you", I say turning to look at Gwen who is wiping down tables. I give Gwen the please hands and I pout.
"Fine! But I need a raise once that music money comes in!", she tells y/n.
"Deal !", y/n tells her and I laugh.

"Let's me grab us some coats cause it's cold!", y/n says. She comes back out with coats and assists me in putting it on.
"I have an idea, just follow my lead and don't worry we will be back for dinner with everyone", I tell her and she nods, I take her hand and we step outside, y/n orders us a taxi and I tell him to drive to Central Park, and a smile grows on y/n faces. I was very excited but nervous for our mini date.

Authors Notes
Hi !

Do you guys like the memes or are they distracting ? cause I could stop them lol I honestly don't even know why I began doing it, it was so random 💀

I am trying to get back to the plot, I get distracted in side characters. I literally love telling everyone's stories but I'll try to focus more on y/n and Lizzie lol.

But with that said I didn't really have any memes for this part.

Stay safe <3 Good luck with school if you are back already.