Advice From The Wife

James stops in front of a house and I sit there confused. He takes off his blazers and gets out the car, I get out the car with him.
"James where are we ?", I ask. Just on the sidewalk unaware of where to go.

"Dad !!! You're home !!", two little girls say running toward James with a huge smile on there faces. They run into his arms and he catches them giving them kisses and they giggle. That's when it hit me he brought me to his home.
A woman walks outside with a smile on her face, "Hi sweetheart", she says and they share a hug and a quick kiss.
"Hey you must be y/n", the woman comes to give me a hug and I let her give me a hug but I feel awkward, "My name is Elle, James is my husband", she tells me with a smile.
"Nice to meet you", I say.
The two little girls just stare at me in awe and I wave at them.
"You must be the famous daughters I gave a shoutout to, nice to meet you in person", they both run up to me and give me a hug. They are to cute.
"Alright let's go inside and have some food", his wife tells me.
Elle takes the kids inside and I stay a few steps behind with James.

"You brought me to have dinner with your family ?", I question. He just looks at me and smiles, "My wife is a great chief, she actually owns a restaurant so I wanted you to have a real meal, I snooped through your home and you only have pre packaged junk food.", he tells me walking in and I follow him.
"Right? So you let all of your prior clients meet your family ?", I ask him in a cheeky smile, "You are an exception", he says rolling his eyes and pushing me inside.

We walk inside and I sit in the kitchen table with his wife, while James puts the kids to bed. What a simple man, with a beautiful family I thought to myself.

"So y/n, how are you ?", his wife Elle asks.
"I am doing fine, just had my first interview it went great. I was going to get started on writing new music sometime this week but I have to cover shifts at work. This is crazy because my life is changing but I still have to pay the bills you know? Feels like I am in between worlds.", I tell her then I get embarrassed about pouring my heart out to a stranger. She just laughs lightly and gets up to get glasses for wine.

"You seem like you could use some wine, plus it goes good with the pasta", she says pouring me a glass. James comes down and we begin to eat, the pasta was amazing. We did occasional small talk and I couldn't help but admire how much love they had for each other. Their love was gentle and comforting.

"You both are beautiful together", I say, "Cheers to love!", I tell them but perhaps it was the wine talking. They cheers with me and laugh.

"Any special person in your life?", Elle asks.
"Yes, but I don't know if it will work out even if I want it too", I say.
"What's the problem?", she asked.
"I loved her when I met first met her, she chased her dreams and forgot about me but she is now  realizing that she loved me back all those years ago but was afraid to love me? I don't know. I think it would be easier if I was just her secret.", I say.
"Would it be enough? For you to just be a secret lover ?", she asked.
"No, I don't think it would be so I am hoping if I wait long enough she will get there, I respect wanting to live a private life but it would all be a lie because no one would know we are together expect us, I will wait but I am afraid of wasting my time.", I say .
"And what if that is the expectation? A private lover? What if that's all she can give you", James asked.
"I don't know", I say.

"As humans we expect to be loved the way we love others but if we are not, we assume the love isn't there because it is not the love we are use to. Though your willingness to wait shows how much you love her, perhaps she is trying but you just don't see it. Do you think she is worth the wait?", Elle asks me.

"Yeah I do", I smile thinking about Lizzie. "I just hope she thinks I am worth it as well", I say.
"She can't admit her feelings out loud to me...awake at least, but I can't force her we all have our own processes." I say sadly.
"I am young but it feels like my clock is ticking, I feel like every second I am getting closer to the expiration date. I should be focusing on my career, taking care of Gwen and being a good friend, a good person.... Enjoying it all, and I want to experience love. I want it with her. I am ready now, I mean I have been ready forever.", I say.
"I hope she is the one then, but you have to slow down. Take it all in, maybe it won't be tomorrow but if you are meant to be then maybe in the future.", Elle tells me.

"Life is crazy isn't it? There is probably someone in the world who is ready to give us the love we want but none of it matters if it is not the person we want that love from", James says. I think about his words, but I can't picture loving anyone but Lizzie. I hate the thinking about if it was the other way around.  I am someone's Lizzie and they are waiting for me because it is a sucky feeling.
"You both are lucky to have each other", I tell them and they smile at each other.

"Cheers to Y/n Marshall's future lover", Elle says.
"Cheers", me and James say back.
"I expect to meet her whoever she may be. Someday we will have dinner together and reminisce on this conversation", Elle says.
"With that...I am heading to bed, Y/n I have put some blankets and pillows on our couch please stay with us until morning, our home is your home now", she says giving me a hug before walking away.

"You got a good wife there James, you better take care of her or I just might have to steal her", I tell him and he laughs. "Get some rest, I'll see you in the morning Marshall", he says walking away.

I go lay down on the couch and I check my phone.

[Messages from Lizzie]
Lizzie- Arrived to LA...

Lizzie- I miss you already :/

Lizzie- Did you actually go home ?

Y/n- Stayed at James'a house....

Lizzie- Do I have to worry about you sleeping with James too?

Y/n- No... but his wife on the other hand....

Lizzie- Leave his wife alone... but why are you are up? It's pretty late...

Y/n- Had some drinks with them and long conversations

Lizzie- You should get some rest...I am going back to New York after this opening week finishes.

Y/n- Miss me that much huh ?

Lizzie- You know that I do...

Y/n- Goodnight Miss Olsen

Lizzie- Goodnight, my love.

"My love", I repeat out loud and my heart skips a beat, I close my eyes holding my phone to my chest then I place my phone down.

I get another notification.

[Messages from Melissa]
Melissa- *sent a video*

In the video, Melissa is complaining about Gwen snoring and tries to make her stop by throwing popcorn at her. Gwen wakes up and flicks off the camera turning herself around and making Melissa giggly softly.

Melissa- She is such a loser...that trait didn't skip the family generation.

"My girls", I say out loud with a small smile. The last words to leave my mouth before I fell asleep.

——
Author notes-
James and Elle here to solve the mommy and daddy issues :,)
Lizzie saying "my love" 🦋...well texting it...
The advice is pretty solid tho ☝🏼I hope.
This chapter is brought to you by writers block and lack of sleep.
Sorry babes! Feeling insecure about the writing, got myself trapped in a funk.