We Interrupt This Program

We arrive at Lizzie's house, she gets out of the car but I stay in it and watch her walk to the porch. She turns back to see I am still in the car and I get out and lean on the door.

"Do you want me to stay over? I can find somewhere else to go", I say, she walks closer to me and locks the car door.

"If that is what you want", she says.

"I think I can stay at Robbie's and give you some space tonight and then come back", she just stares at me. Does she want me to stay? I take out my phone to ask Robbie if he has room for one more.

"Who is staying with Robbie?", she asked

"James, Scarlett, and Rose", I say, I decided to try to call him because he didn't respond to my message as fast as usual. Before I get the chance to, Lizzie grabs my hand.

"Y/n, just stay with me please...", I nod and follow her inside.

"Should I stay on the couch?", I ask.

"Don't be ridiculous, you are staying in bed with me"

"I don't know if I want to Lizzie", I tell her.

"We can both stay on the couch then, beds are overrated", she goes to the room to bring down blankets and pillows and starts fixing the couches to make them comfortable.

"So are we sleeping on the couch together as friends or girlfriends?", I ask and Lizzie scoffs

"Seriously not today, I don't want to discuss this anymore y/n. I am tired of talking", she tells me but continues to fix the couch.

"You are tired of discussing? You have not said anything all day", I tell her.

"I don't know what to say, and honestly nothing I say isn't going to make it any better", Oh god, this woman is killing me. I sit on the couch and stare up at her ceiling. Lizzie throws a pillow at me, I imagine she is trying to break the tension.

"The answers aren't going to be in the ceiling", she gives me a soft smile.

"It's better than nothing", I toss the pillow back and keep staring, I can feel her eyes on me but she doesn't say anything, Lizzie walks to the kitchen to make a snack, another one of her comfort gesture to eat small fruits. She gathers some fruit, she washes it then puts it on the plate to eat them.

"What an unusual couple we are", she tells me, as she eats some of her fruit. I get off the couch and walk over to her

"You can just tell me what's on your mind", I say, she stares at her plate and moves the fruit around with her hands.

"I don't like being apart from you, I just feel like the whole world feels so wrong. I just keep thinking that circumstances keep making us get further away from each other and I don't understand why it can't just slow down", she explains

"Well, that's why I am here so we can spend time together right? Get as much time together as we can. I miss you all the time Liz but seeing you feel that much better now, I'll take more flights to you if you want"

"I miss you too", she gives me a piece of fruit and I sit down on her kitchen island. That is all she says to me, I am still confused.

"What are the letters you have in your box?", I ask her and she grabs the box and pushes it toward me

"Stuff from fans mostly, I like to keep the letters, they are really sweet. A lot of people love Wanda", she says. Of course who doesn't love Wanda maximoff

"I think that's probably because of you, you are a lovely girl", I tell her

"I don't think that's true", she says