Unfolding Events

[James before he picked Y/n and Scarlett up from the Hospital POV]

I was on my phone reading new articles as I wait for Scarlett to come down with y/n. When I notice and news article pops up on my feed.

Elizabeth Olsen getting costly with new lover, Musician Robbie

"What the fuck?!", I say out loud. Internally cursing as I look at the image. All I can think about is y/n, there is no way she knows yet. I decided to messages Miss olsen.

[Messages to Miss Olsen]
James- *link to news article*

James- I was rooting for you Miss Olsen...you better have a great explanation for this, or you better already be on your way to talk to y/n

Olsen- James...I am getting the next flight back please don't let her find out until I get there.. I promise the kiss wasn't what you think it is.

James- I will not lie to her, she is my friend.

Olsen- #marshsen?.....James please I really care about her...I would never hurt her I swear it, why would I complicate our situation even further? Just until I get there...

James- Word of advice...If you love her, tell her. Because she is willing to wait forever, and I am starting to think you aren't worth it.

I see y/n approach me and she is all smiley, I can't be the one to break the news. I send the article to Scarlett thinking it would be better from her. She quickly looks over the article, she looks at me and shakes her head and fakes a smile. I don't understand what is happening but the only way to keep it in is to be cold.

We went to Central Park but y/n noticed something is off making it harder for me not to break. Scarlett didn't seem like she wanted to say anything either. After y/n walked away I felt a huge amount of guilt, but I gave her space.
——-

[Y/n's perspective]
I walked around Central Park for what felt like hours, I think I was just walking in circles but I wasn't to sure. What is happening? I thought to myself. I sit down on the bench and gather my thoughts. All I really felt was alone. I couldn't even check the time, Scarlett kept my phone so I walk my way back to the hospital.

I am feeling overwhelmed with emotions and confusion,I don't understand what's happening. I just walk through the hospital doors and go straight to Mellissa and Gwen's room. Before I enter I stand at the door teary eyed. I open it and Gwen isn't in the room. I feel relief because I didn't want her to see me like this.

"Y/n?", Mellissa asked.
I stand there in front of her, my breathing gets heavier, lips quiver, and I feel my vision get blurred by a flood of tears on the urge of release.
"Y/n...what is it ? what's wrong?", Mellissa asked.
The tears come out uncomfortably.
"I...I... know....we aren't....on...the best...terms but...I..I....really need...need my best friend ...right now", I tell her in between tears. I look at her and she gives me a sad faces opening her arms up so I can fall apart to her. I crawl my way over to her and dig my face in her chest, crying. She holds me and she tries to comfort me.

"It's okay....it's okay...you are alright", she tells me rubbing my back. We stay like this for a while, I just let everything out. Feelings that I wasn't even aware I was holding in, I let go and it felt good but it also felt as if I would never stop crying.

I feel another body come wrap her arms around me. I don't turn to see who it is.
"It's okay y/n, we got you", Gwen tells me holding me in a hug turning it into a group hug. Until I finally calm down and pull away.