LIZZIE! LIZZIE! LIZZIE!

In the morning I left to the coffee shop early to help Gwen. I left Lizzie a note to meet me at the coffee shop when she woke up.

I head to the shop and open up the store setting everything up, waiting for Gwen to walk in.
"Hey!", Gwen tells me wrapping her apron around the waist.
"Hey kid"
We hang out chatting waiting for costumers and to my surprise James walks through the door with Elle and his kids.

"Elle! James! And my biggest fans, what can I get you ?", I ask.
"Whatever is good...", James says and I nod.
"Nice shop set up you got here y/n", Elle compliments.
"Thank you", I tell her and I go help Gwen make coffee for them. I notice his girls walk onto the stage in the corner and start playing with the instruments, they nod at me for confirmation that they could play and I let them. One of them starts playing on the keyboard soft tunes and the other plays the guitar following along with her sister.

"James, I didn't know your kids could play", I tell him and I walk over to hand them their coffee.
"It's something new but they are fast learners", Elle tells me. I sit with them as they enjoy there coffee and I listen to the girls play.

They start doing the instrumentals to one of my songs and I smile. I feel a little teary because I never imagined people liking the music I wrote or even taking the time to learn to play it themselves.

I hear the door jingle ring, and soft footsteps behind me and suddenly arms wrap around me  and a head on my shoulder.
"Good morning y/n", Lizzie tells me and gives me a kiss on the cheek, then her attention goes to the girls on the stage once she recognized the song. I wipe the tear from my face and hold on to Lizzie's arms wrapped around me, she leans and holds me tighter. For the corner of my eye I can feel James and Elle look at the interaction, giving each other small smiles.

"Is that your song?", Lizzie asked
"Yeah", I tell her and I hear the door jingle again just as they finished playing the song. Lizzie breaks away from the embrace and I stand up walking towards the stage.

"That was the best thing ever, thank you girls", I tell his daughter and they smile. I go back to work. I give Lizzie a quick hug before heading back to the counter.
"Good morning", I say and she gives me a sympathetic look because of my teary eyes.
"You are crying !?", she says.
"Happy tears! Would you like coffee ?", she pulls me for a hug again which I embrace.
"I would love a coffee, thanks", she tells me and I nod and walk over to make her a cup of coffee. To my luck the other people who had just walked in were Robbie, Clay, and Aubrey.

"Good morning guys!", I tell them.
"Coffee?", I ask and they all nod, joining Lizzie at a table. I help Gwen make coffees and have her walk it over to them, while I assisted other people. They just hung out while me and Gwen worked, I would occasionally look at Lizzie and we smiled at one another.

A while later James heads out with his family.
"We are leaving now but thank for you the coffee, I'll see you soon!", James tells me walking out and I wave at them.

Clay walks up to me, sneaking away from the group.

"More coffee clay ?", I ask him.
"No I am good but I just wanted to sneak a conversation with you before I leave New York", he tells me.
"Alright what's on your mind?", I ask.
"I just wanted to say thanks", he says.
"For what?", I ask with a small laugh.
"You brought back the light in Lizzie, I know she can be complicated with feelings but she is getting more comfortable with you. I don't know how you did it but your patience with her is working", he tells me with a smile, I smile back at him.
"Well I have been very patient", I tell him with a slight laugh.
"Are you getting tired of waiting ?", he asked.
"Honestly, I've never really known anything but her. I never gave myself the opportunity to explore something else. Even when I didn't have her, she had me. She is everything", I tell him and he nods.
"Since freaking college! now that's loyalty", he says making me crack up.