Say Something

During the car ride I tried to remain silent, with tears falling down my face as I stare out the street. I felt like I was drowning. This can't be real, none of it makes any sense. Memories of her laughter, smile and diction flow through my mind.

We weren't even officially together but some how it made it worse. How could she kiss someone she never met before publicly but can't even give me a hug in a room full of strangers?

So many ideas flowing through my mind...so many possibilities until I reach a conclusion, she can only love me behind closed doors, I can't help but to think Lizzie would never get there, Why am I not enough? I think to myself, making even more tears run down my face.

"Y/n", James says distracting me.
"Whatever you are going to say, just save it", I tell him.
He stops the car.
"We are here", he tells me and I instantly feel bad, I didn't even realize I arrived home.
"Thank you...sorry", I say and he quickly gets out the car to open the door for me. I walk out and start heading inside.

"For whatever its worth", he says causing me to turn around. "I had your best interest at heart, I didn't mean to add to your pain. I am truly sorry if I made it worse", he tells me sadly. I don't know what to say so I just walk over to give him a tight hug and he reciprocates the tight hug. I pull away and I give him a nod before I waking inside.

[Lizzie's perspective]
As soon as I got the messages from James, I noticed the article had been realized. I booked a flight back to New York, hoping that in person it would be better to have a conversation and explain everything. Y/n wasn't answering her messages either I guess that had to do with Scarlett, although Scarlett wasn't answering my messages either, did she find out as well? I question.

A long flight later I arrive in New York and the first place I think to go is the hospital. Y/n really liked being there for Mellissa and Gwen. I am not sure if she knows about the article yet but I hope that she didn't.

I get to the hospital and make my way to their room. I knock before I enter.
"Y/n you came back?...oh", Mellissa says. I noticed Gwen is asleep, but Mellissa just laying there.
"Umm...hi is y/n here?", I ask.
"Obviously not", Mellissa tells me.
"Do you know where she is?", I ask.
"No, I don't...", she tells me. I feel awkward just standing there.
"Sorry to disturb you so late, I should go...goodnight", I tell her with a small smile, and start to head out the door.

"She knows", she tells me before I walk away. Crap, Mellissa must have told her, I think to myself. Honestly, the thought of Mellissa telling her made me angry.
"I assume you were the one to break the news", I tell her with a slight attitude in my tone.
She laughs slightly and shakes her head. "No I didn't tell her. TMZ did, I didn't want to break her heart with the news."

I instantly regret even assuming, it didn't even matter how she found out. I had no idea how to fix it while I zone out in thought I notice Mellissa just stares at me.
"With all do respect Olsen... you don't deserve her", she tells me and I scoff at her comment.
"You think I don't know that? You think feel like she is better off without me? I don't know what the hell I am doing or what's holding me back!...sorry I didn't mean to explode on you.", I say back and she just laughs slightly shaking her head again. I get annoyed so I walk I begin to walk away again.

"You told her you were falling in love, but you make out with a stranger within the next 48 hours. How does that makes sense?", she asked before I hit the door.
"I never told her I was falling in love...how do you even know that?", I ask back then it hit me she heard me when I thought she was asleep.
"She wasn't asleep...", I say and Mellissa just nods.
"You have to say it out loud to her, she won't noticed it until it is spoken to her...believe me I know. She couldn't even see that I love her.", Mellissa tells me. I am a bit taken back by this though I should've seen it coming.
"Why are you telling me this?", I ask.