Just Us

2 days after our date, me and Lizzie continued to hang out. She would come in to the shop and watch me and Gwen work, then leave to hang out with her sisters or catch up with old friends. She would come and sleep at my place and we cuddle each other at night.

It is almost time New Year's Eve, I am laying with Lizzie playing with her hair, thinking about how she is going to leave soon and we don't have New Years plans.

"Do you want to go to Times Square for the count down ? Because if we do we have to be there early to get a good view. It gets crowded!", I tell her.
"While that sounds fun I was hoping we could do something a little more private, just us. We can watch the count down from the tv we already had a very disruptive Christmas, I want to enjoy you before I go back to filming", she tells me and I smile.
"Starting the New Years... just us. I like it, we can definitely do that", I says moving into our usually cuddling position to fall asleep.

In the morning, I wake up and Lizzie isn't next to me. I walk out the room and smell something is cooking, it was Lizzie and I smile.
"I wanted to make you breakfast today, all you ever do is drink coffee and eat a muffin from your shop", she tells me, "I made French toast!", she says lift my plate up so I can see it, I move to the table and join her for breakfast.
"Thank you", I tell her as we both dig in to the toast, she is really great at cooking.

"Plans for today ?", she asked.
"Well the shop isn't opening today, but James wanted to take me somewhere? He didn't really say but I'll be out with him for a while", I tell her, "and you?"
"I am just going to stay here if thats okay with you", she says and I nod.
"Mi casa tú casa", I tell her.
"French?", she questions
"Spanish", I tell her and she realization nod.
"Ohhh...I definitely knew that", she says and I laugh, just as we laugh I hear static from the walkie talkie.

"Eagle 2, Eagle 1 had landed on the premises over and out!", James says through comms.
"Eagle 2, on my way down, over and out", I respond.

"Looks like I got to go but I'll see you in a bit!", I tell Lizzie. I go to the front door but decided to run back to give her a kiss on the forehead, she giggles and I walk out.

I am greeted by James who waves me over to the car.
"James! I missed you!", I tell him.
"We were just recently together for Christmas!? It hasn't been that long", he tells me and I give him a hug from the back seat, which he gladly accepts.
"I guess I missed you too, you make working bearable. Hop in the front seat!", he says and I get out the car to hop in the front with him.

"So what is it that we are doing ?!", I ask him and he pulls out his phone.
"Well it was meant to be a surprise so one second...", he says and he makes a call on his phone and puts it on speaker.

"Is she in the car with you ?", a voice says through the phone. I whisper to James, "is that Mel?", and he nods
"Yeah she is in the car with me!"
"Do you want to tell her or should I?", he asked.
"No go ahead, I just want to be here for reaction." Mel says.
"You are doing the Times Square New Year's Eve party !", James tells out and I sit there in shock.

"Is she shocked?", Mellissa asks James.
"Uhhh yeah not sure if it is good shock or bad shock?", he question.
"No this is great ! But I already had plans with Lizzie", I tell them slightly disappointed of another interruption.
"Y/n, you can bring Lizzie to the New Years party...anyways just perform a song... then we are launching your tour announcement. I had to pull a lot of strings for this...so do good, no pressure.", Mel says and hangs up.

"Wait so was the hang out a lie? Just to tell be about New Years...", I ask James.
"No I am taking you to get your set up for the performance, outfits, rehearsal and yeah... all that good stuff", he tells me and I nod.
"I thought you would be more excited about this ? It's the freaking time square show ?!", James tells me nudging me.
"No I am but I was really looking forward to spending my last day with Lizzie...just us", I tell him. Of course I was grateful for the opportunity but I was on a time crunch with Lizzie and I wanted to make the most of it.