Time Stands Still

People come into the room to set me with the mic and take me back stage where I would go out to the crowd. Lizzie walks with me holding my hand, which calms me down a bit.

"I don't think I can do this", I turn to tell Lizzie.
"You are nervous ?", she asked, I nods and she squeezes my hand tighter and gives me a smile.
"You've done this plenty of times! You are going to do great. James and his family are cheering you on, your fans are cheering you on, and I am here cheering you on", she tells me and I smile. I take deep breathes until they call my out there to perform.

"Break a leg!", Lizzie tells me.
"Why would you wish that on me?", I ask her jokingly.
"Y/n...it's a metaphor", she says and I smile. She shakes her head when she realized I was messaging with her pushing me towards the stage, her smile is the last thing I see before I am pushed up in a platform towards the crowd, as I begin to hear the tone of my song through my ear piece the nervousness comes back and I feel like I was going to choke at the sight of a crowd.

[Lizzies perspective]
I am watching y/n behind the scenes on a little screen but something seemed off with her, she froze nobody could see her the music instrumentals just kept replay waiting for her queue.
One of the tech guys questions why she was just there frozen, he hands me the mic.
"Talk to her please! We have a show we have to run here, she can hear you through comms but she won't be able to talk back.", he tells me, I take the mic from him at talk.

"Y/n nod if you can hear me", I tell her and she does nod.
"Y/n the first time we met, I told you I liked to practice and know my area before acting. You've been here before, you know the place. They love your music okay ? You just sing your heart out and get people excited for your tour. If you get nervous think about me....naked", I tell her and the technicians give me a blank look but I just brush it off. I see that y/n has a small smile on her face. She looks like she is calming herself down just as she begins to sing.

The technician takes the mic from me and put it back in music mode.
"Thanks! First performance jitters. Happens to a lot of people", he tells me and I nods as we watch her do her performances.

"Oh my god? Who is that ?", someone says behind me. I turn around and it's lady Gaga getting set up.
"Oh my god you are...you are Gaga ?!", I say excitedly. The technician shakes his head.
"Y/n Marshall", he says.
"She brought me coffee early! Oh my god I didn't know she was a singer. I feel bad about making her get me coffee now. She didn't even say anything....holy shit she is great.", she tells us looking at the screen.

"And you, I know you. You do superhero movies. Very cool.", she tells me and I smile. She hangs out watch y/n perform and smiling. When y/n is done and walks back stage she rushes over to me for a hug.
"That was crazy! There were so many people...I could see James!", she tells me laughing, she was happy, it was probably the adrenaline from performing.
"Okay we have to get going!", she tells me.

She takes my hand and drags me to the dressing room. She throws me a scarf, beanie, and a coat to put on and takes me back out the dressing room.

"Where are you dragging me?", I ask her.
"You'll see", she tells us and she takes me up the building to a roof. We can see all of New York lights, I can hear the music in a distance, there is a small table for the two of us, covered with a canopy over it and heaters turned on.
"You set this up ?", I ask her.
"A bit like Roosevelt hotel but without water balloons this time because it's too cold.", she teases and we walk over to the tables y/n pulls the chair for me to sit on them takes a seat herself.

"Thank you for back talking to me back there", she tells me.
"Did the thought of my naked help you?", I tease and she laughs.
"No not you naked...", I tell her and she smiles,
"But you, you helped me. Everything is just better with you Lizzie. You are my anchor", she tells me, "but anyways we got some cider and a good view. A couple of minutes until the new year, what are your new year resolutions?", she asked.