Chapter 3

Ophelia butted heads with Bakugo for the next few weeks. Mainly on the ash blonde's end. Ophelia would let him know that he couldn't get the best out of everyone.

She resorted to teasing the male when he tried to anger her. His scratchy yet rough voice and small explosions gave her relief she didn't realize she craved. It wasn't something she was supposed to get used to. There was no way what she was doing, trying to drown everything out, healthy. She knew it but didn't care.

Eventually, Bakugo stopped instigating so often. Whether it was because he couldn't get a rile out of her as easily or the way she stood up to him without backing down sparked recognition in him. He was still a raging asshole with an ego about as big as Zeus'. But he was tactful, intelligent, ambitious, and with an unwavering goal. He did start to lessen how often he called her an extra or that he would kill her. So she counted it as a win-win so far.

Today, however, she wished he was as stupid as he was hot-headed. He made it his business to stick his nose where it didn't belong to push her buttons.

"What the fuck is that?"

"It's... why in the hades do you even care?" She whispered back.

"I'm curious about what language that is, considering it's not English or even Japanese. Is this why your grades seem to be shit? What does that line even say?" He questioned with a snort.

Groaning before she finally gave him a response, knowing he would never give up until he got something from her note-taking... or attempt at it.

"The fuck? That's not even what's on the board!"

"Wha... well, it's close enough, isn't it?" She asked quietly in response. Hoping she hadn't been taking notes completely wrong.

"And why should I help you?"

"Oh, I don't know, self-satisfaction that you're the best in class and can help give someone good notes to improve their grades." She was completely sarcastic, and he knew it, yet it didn't stop the shit-eating grin from appearing on his face.

"Damn right I am! Doesn't mean I should waste my time on you."

"Is my teaching getting in the way of your two's conversation? Bakugo? Aizawa?"

Ophelia stared sheepishly at the teacher with a grimace at being caught. However, once the loudmouth behind her opened his mouth... well, she partially choked on the air she was breathing.

"Actually, you are. See, pollen-head here can't take notes of your class properly, so I was helping her."

"Yes, well, umm... I'm sure she needs help considering her grades so far have plummeted. I hope you could help tutor her in your free time and not in my class." The teacher stumbled over his words initially before deciding on making Bakugo her new tutor.

"And why should I tutor this dumbass!?"

"Yeah, who's to say you can even help me," Ophelia rebuked sarcastically.

"ARE YOU SAYING I COULDN'T TUTOR SOMEONE AS DUMB AS YOU!?" He yelled from behind her.

Shrugging, she tilted her head to smirk at the blond behind her. "I'm not saying your stupid, but... if the top student couldn't even help the one failing. I'm sure that might strike a nerve on your pride."

"You're on! Better shake your head free from all that pollen."

~~*——————————*~~

After school had ended, Ophelia didn't think twice about what Bakugo said. If anything, she believed he grew a sarcastic bone in his body for once than to believe he agreed to tutor her. This was technically her first time in school, and she wanted to try to do everything herself and see what she was capable of, but to be told, she hasn't even been making notes right so far. It has made her frustration with her dyslexia skyrocket since coming to school. This was the thing she let her pride stand on, but she also knew if she clung to it too much, she'd fail in both aspects.