Chapter 24

A shriek pierced through the dome as Ophelia gripped whoever was holding her. Cold air brushed against her as she felt the person softly hit something, but they were still descending fast.

"You're loud."

"Todoroki! Don't drop me! Please!" Ophelia half-shouted her pleas as she fought back the panic that threatened to overtake everything. She didn't care an ounce as she clung to him. The mix of hot and cold was like a stabbing reminder while the other was a warmth of comfort. One to painfully remind her she was with someone she knew. While the other brought comfort that she wasn't in her worst nightmare. 

"You're afraid of falling?" Todoroki asked, making a slope of ice come to a stop slowly.

Ophelia shakingly let go of him as he made sure she stood without falling over, pointing to the looming figures of villains as they closed in on them. "I-is that re-really important right now?"

She heard the crackle of ice as Todorki placed his foot forward.

"It's pathetic to lose against a single child. Get a hold of yourself. You're an adult, aren't you?"

"I take offense to that, Todoroki," Ophelia stated as she walked up beside him.

"But you didn't do anything, Aizawa."

"It's Ophelia. Seriously, though. I'm standing right here with you too. You didn't even give two seconds before freezing them."

"I'll wait five seconds next time," Todoroki replied.

Ophelia blinked in shock at him. She didn't know whether he was serious or being sarcastic, but something told her it was the former. Did he know what sarcasm was? She didn't know; the one thing she did know was that the only option left was to fight, and Todoroki couldn't be mad at her.

"I hate to say this–" Todorki turned to the villains frozen in ice– "but you just look like guys with quirks they didn't know what to do with."

Ophelia followed Todoroki as he walked towards the villains, cold foggy air releasing as he breathed. The villains' eyes widened in shock and surprise at how quickly Todoroki had used his quirk once they were also warped there. She stayed quiet as she saw Todoroki delve deep into his mind. Todoroki seemed to work more alone and didn't know the first thing about teamwork, so she didn't want to interrupt whatever he was thinking about because, for all she knew, he was onto what she already knew.

Ophelia created a vine as soon as she heard the yell. Todoroki had made ice, freezing the villains, leaving only their faces untouched as her vines wrapped around both men's limbs and stopped the rod weapon aimed for her face. Ophelia clicked her tongue as her vines had also frozen, and Todoroki only glanced at her with his stoic expression. Todoroki broke the rod and let the one villain fall face first into the dirt, eliciting an umph from the man. Second-hand embarrassment was what she felt. The fact she had fought teenagers better than those grown men was atrocious.

"Hey, at this rate, your cells will slowly die. I want to be a hero. I would like to avoid something so cruel if possible. On what basis do you think you can kill All Might? What's your plan?" Todoroki asked without emotion, blowing cold air in one villain's face, who began to shed tears.

"Oh my Gods," Ophelia facepalmed herself. She couldn't tell if Todoroki was bluffing on actually killing them, but he at least knew how to get information by intimidation.

Todoroki glanced at her before his eyes held recognition, "Oh, I didn't wait five seconds."

"Wh-What? No. Gods, Todoroki, I was being sarcastic earlier," Ophelia pointed out.

"Sarcastic?"

"Ah... ya know what, we have bigger things to worry about right now." Ophelia waved her hand, telling him to continue.