Chapter 47

Their training continued into the third day. Ophelia had no complaints considering she was used to that sort of regiment training, but the others didn't seem used to it yet.

Class B had slowly picked up on their training, working as hard to catch up to them so they didn't feel like they were falling behind. There wasn't time for their infamous Monoma to gloat about them catching up; for that, she was grateful. His mouth the first night was enough for her to want to punch him in the face, and last night, he was so worn out that his mouth didn't work. It was a blessing from the non-existent fates.

Mina, on the other hand, seemed to have a constant flush to her cheeks since the night they had talked. There was also a spike in her determination to her training. The tease had eased the worry Mina was feeling. If there were anything Ophelia could do, she would take the chance to alleviate some of it. Jokes were all she knew, not to have them sit at the front of her mind and be the constant thing she thought of. There wasn't much joking going around she could do. The others would reign her as a mental case.

Kirishima, the oblivious idiot, had glanced between her and Katsuki the past two days when Mina couldn't keep her eyes off him. It was like watching Percy and Annabeth all over again. Except, Kirishima didn't have a prophecy that hung over his head and a head full of seaweed. It might take a while, but she had faith he'd pick up his feelings before four years passed.

She smirked to herself. She'd throw it in Percy's face if she ever got the chance. It'd be like adding salt to an open wound. Only salt didn't hurt Percy since he loved salt water.

"We'll have a test of courage with the class pitted against each other tonight! After training hard, you can play hard!"

Ophelia turned to face Pixie-bob, who sat on a stack of boxes. She wasn't sure whether to feel like tonight was supposed to be fun or an anxiety-ridden disaster on top of everything else. Fun was something to bring light-heartedness to everything, but it didn't stop the anxiety that she had felt for the past few days. She could not do anything when her mind warped reality and dreams together—stuck in stasis, waiting like any normal human. Helpless and torn.

They trained until dusk—the red and orange hues filtered through the trees, casting a glow in the forest.

Her hand flew to her mouth when Shouta told the ones who failed to get past the teachers before they came still had to do their extra class work. Shouta's scarf stopped them from furthering their advances toward them. He dragged them back toward the building with a wave over his shoulder.

"Now," Mandalay began. "We'll put everyone in groups by a draw. No changes. Whoever is picked will enter the forest five minutes after the group before them."

Grumbles echoed in the clearing.

"Gather round!" Tiger shouted.

She raised an eyebrow, gathering with the others that waited in front of the wild wild pussycats. She cringed at the name. They were wild alright, but she didn't know how the adults could name themselves something like that. Then again, to be defeated by the likes of them was a shame in itself.

Groups of two were formed in class A. Class B had been sent out into the forest a while ago to get in their places. She would have liked to go through with someone she was closer to. She couldn't complain about Midoriya, though. He was a kindred spirit. One who had a hard time not spewing knowledge from his mouth whenever he got excited. He had improved greatly since he got his quirk. She wasn't worried about where it came from, just that he wasn't a menace to himself anymore.

"Why the hell do I have to go with half and half? Oi, Deku, change with me."

"W-what? There was no changing your partner."