Chapter 27

Ophelia shot up in the bed, gasping for air as her eyes flew open. The darkened grey walls became clearer as her vision adjusted to the dark. The familiar scent filled her lungs and alleviated the tremor in her body. The bed shuffled as Katsuki sat up beside her, wrapping his arm around her and pulling her into his chest.

"Sh-Shouta… a-and you…" her voice shook as she tried to get the words out.

"He's fine. You were literally just kicked out of the hospital six hours ago," Katsuki assured, resting his chin against her head as his thumb rubbed against her skin.

Ophelia leaned into his warmth as she let his words sink in. She didn't bring up that he never said anything about himself. She was sure he and many of the others blamed themselves for not being able to do anything more than what they did and it could have very well eaten away at their consciousness—because it did for her. Her hand clenched onto the fabric of his shirt, feeling his chest rise and fall with his breathing while Katsuki gently laid them back down. She entangled her leg with his while they laid there in silence, everything that needed to be said was spoken through their touch.
School had been closed temporarily as the investigation went on and wouldn't begin until the following day. Ophelia spent the morning and afternoon back in the hospital by Shouta’s side until she was kicked out and back at Katsuki's. The only thing that brought a bit of relief was knowing that Shouta would be released the next day.

She kept Mina and Jirou up to date about Shouta’s condition as they text her almost every few hours. She wasn't sure who they kept in the loop, and she didn't have many of the other phone numbers. She did learn more about Mina and Jirou as they group chatted over the two days they didn’t have school. Mina and Kirishima had gone to middle school together but never really talked. She also learned Kirishima dyed his hair red and it baffled her how much gel he had to use to get his hair the way he did everyday. Jirou's parents were musicians, but they supported her in becoming a hero and taking a different path.

Ophelia didn't know if it was her heart or mind that felt guilty when she told Mina and Jirou her reasoning on becoming a Hero. She knew it was her choice on who to tell as long as she trusted them, but she didn't want to tell anyone before she was able to discuss it with Shouta and Hizashi. There was also the fact that the less who knew, the better. The more instances where she had to explain who she was to someone the closer it would become known worldwide.

Ophelia turned around as someone cleared their throat. She found All Might standing in the door awkwardly as he glanced between her and Shouta.

"It's good to see you're doing well, EraserHead."

Shouta hummed in reply behind her.

"Young Aizawa was placed in your class because you knew about her hidden quirk, isn't that right?"

"That's her secret to share, but in a way, yes," Shouta admitted, glancing at her.

"I won't pry. I'm glad you have those you can trust. I just wanted to know if there was anything that might help us find those who were behind the attack."

Ophelia didn't know how far All Might took being a hero and when he drew the line. She glanced at Shouta and the slight nod from him told her what she needed. "The only useful information I have is that Shigaraki answers to someone else, but what good is that when we don't know who? Any other information I have, there's nothing anyone could do with it anyways."

She narrowed her eyes as All Might looked at the ground. He looked troubled and perturbed—which told her he had more information than she did.

"You already seem to know more than I do," she brought up, and she was right when All Might stared at her with a knowing look.