Chapter 10

Never before had Ophelia appreciated the silence that once engulfed Shota's house. He may have warned her what Hizashi was like, and his tone should have given it away–but she honestly did not expect him to be so bad.

Ophelia was fooled by his collected look when he walked in. Dandelion-colored hair pulled into a half-up messy bun, a pair of triangular silver-rimmed sunglasses tinted a dark golden shade–hiding the color of his eyes. He wore a black jacket with a red t-shirt underneath and a white pair of pants.

When Hizashi opened his mouth, she found out why Shota kept him away for so long.

Loud wasn't even the beginning of how she would have described him.

Granted, Ophelia wasn't any better once he brought out the game of Life. His exact words were, "what better way to get to know one another!"

She didn't think Shota knew Hizashi was lying, but she could tell he had his suspicions. They seemed to have been friends for years, knowing that the other was hiding something. If Hizashi was curious about why Shota took her in, he never showed it or asked. It showed how much he trusted Shota too. To not question his friend on randomly adopting a girl from another country.

Ophelia missed the days where she could talk to Nico or Kaitlyn. She trusted Shota, yes, but not to that extent.

There were so many things wrong with that game. She had never played, but the idea sounded fun where your choices and the spinner (which she called the fates) led you in your life.

She wanted to skip the High School stage of the game but decided against it. Landing herself a job that paid less than Shota's and in more debt. It made her feel slightly elated every time Hizashi landed on a portion where he had to owe someone else money.

"Twins!" Ophelia howled out in laughter as Hizashi landed on having twins.

The astonished look on the male's face was priceless, from shock to acceptance in disbelief.

"Hope they're not as loud as you are," Shota smirked at Hizashi.

Hizashi, without missing a beat, replied, "that depends on who they take after."

Ophelia felt the air thicken as the two stared at each other. No one moved until she felt she had to say something. "Do you two need a room? I can leave." She pointed behind her, silently telling them she would leave.

"What? No! Why would you think that?" Hizashi questioned nervously, glancing at Shota for help, who only smirked and shrugged at him.

"I'm fourteen, not dumb."

Hizashi glanced between her and Shota, bewildered. "And you know this how?!"

"That you and Shota are gay? Or how reproduc-"

"Okay!" Hizashi quickly interrupted. "Shota said he didn't want to throw too much at you when you arrived."

Ophelia shrugged but gave a smile at Shota, appreciating that big gesture. "So, do you technically live here too? And just got kicked out cause I was coming in?"

It was Shota that answered the question instead. "No. I wouldn't be able to deal with him 24/7. He would usually stay over now and then, but he has his own house."

Hizashi pouted but still gave Ophelia a gentle smile, knowing she asked for a reason.

Ophelia decided to jump back into the game, not wanting to linger on that topic longer. She didn't want to be why someone would have been kicked out of their house. It would only have given her another reason to feel out of place, even if Shota said it was fine.