Chapter 58

A/N: First and foremost, I would like to state that this chapter does have graphic depiction of violence.

Secondly, I'm sorry it's taken so long to update this I have gone back and forth on editing this chapter so much to get it right. Anymore and I'm not sure if I'm doing it justice, or ruining. So this is the best I can do. 

🌺

“I wonder if they can do both at once. Fight villains, and protect civilians.”

The fight hand commenced before some had the time to absorb the words he had said. A few students had stood, putting themselves as the defense around the ‘civilians’ that still needed to be ‘treated’.

Ophelia turned to the one student who seemed to know more about healing than any of the others. “Get with Shoto and Genesis. They were supposed to find a second location to bring the civilians. Bring them there with a few others. Long and short-range attacks, not just one. We’ll do our best to keep them here, but you need a defense if anything happens.”

“You really have fought in a war before, haven’t you?”

“This isn’t the time to question whether everything you’ve heard is the truth or not. Either take what I said as a suggestion and don’t listen, or do it now. Time is something we have very little of in fights.”

“Right,” he said, grabbing one of the ‘civilians’. “Find Shoto or Genesis. We’ll keep them safe, just do the same, will ya?”

Ophelia smirked at him, chuckling softly. “Please. Safe is the last thing any of us have.”

The student rolled his eyes. “No sugar coating it with you either.”

“Hell no. What’s sugar-coating it going to do? Now go.” Ophelia stood, facing Gang Orca, and many replicas around him that were adorned in a black suit with light grey trims. She didn’t turn as the student she entrusted the ‘civilians’ to rounded up a few other students and began to make their way to find the other two she trusted.

Now, it was up to those around her to put an end to the exam and show them they could do exactly as the others were trained to do.

“Is sending them away going to stop us? We’ll break through and go after them. You don’t have the power or skill to do both.”

Ophelia saw a few others tense around her. Some growing crestfallen at his words, while it ignited a fury in most. She squared her shoulders and stood straighter, prepared to hold the weight of the words she knew would shock most of those around her. “You’ll breakthrough when you have to walk over my cold dead body to get to them.”

Gang Orca stared her down from across the open dirt field filled with rubble. “I hope you know what those words mean, hero.”

“I know more than three-quarters of those around me. This is like training for me because as much as you’d throw me around, you can’t actually kill me. Which is honestly relieving.”

Gang Orca chuckled across the field, raising his hands in the air, which seemed to be the signal for those around him to charge. His voice rang through the field as he shouted with what she could only assume was a smile. “We’ll see about that.”

“I wonder if Percy could have controlled him,” Ophelia thought out loud, making Mina stare at her with a questioning gaze next to her.

“What? Percy can control sea creatures, and by default, he is one.”

“Is this really the time, pollen-head?” Katsuki shouted as he stopped next to her, staring at the ‘villains’.

Ophelia shrugged at his question and flicked her hand across in front of her. When was anything the right time? She’d live her life not knowing when the last second of it would be so she made every second count.