Chapter 19

"Oooohh... Ooophellliiaa!"

Ophelia groaned as Hizashi sang her name throughout the house. He always seemed to enjoy tormenting her outside of their karaoke nights. She finished pouring water into her plants before she made her way into the living room, where Hizashi stood with a letter in his hands and a widespread grin on his face, Shouta standing to the side with his eyebrow raised. Her eyes zeroed in on the letter widening in anticipation.

"Is that what I think it is?" She asked, glancing between them.

The watering can she held onto slipped from her hands as excitement and shock coursed through her, the object being caught by Shouta's scarf before it could hit the ground.

"Oh, schist! Sorry," Ophelia apologized, grabbing the can from his scarf.

Hizashi laughed while Shouta shook his head with a smile on his face. Hizashi stepped forward, holding the letter out for her. She swallowed, staring at the unopened letter, knowing they knew the outcome of the contents but wouldn't divulge that information. She half wanted them to but also wanted to rip open the envelope and read the contents herself.

Ophelia grabbed the letter from Hizashi after she placed the watering can on a side table. The weightless white envelope felt heavy in her hands. The excitement of knowing if she passed and the nerves of living up to those expectations she had of being a hero coursed through her like frozen fire. Ripping the top open, dropping the piece of paper she pulled out as a hologram popped up.

"What in Hades is that?!" Ophelia exclaimed, pointing at the blond, jacked-up man. She waved her hand through him before Hizashi or Shouta even could respond.

"It's... hahaha... that's All... haha... Might," Hizashi choked out in between laughs.

"It's a hologram of your results. You may have seen All Might on T.V. before. He came back to Japan about a year ago. I believe, right around the time you showed up," Shouta explained as he rolled his eyes at Hizashi's lack of helpfulness.

Ophelia slowly nodded her head at his reply, thankful for the explanation, but she still didn't understand what a hologram was. She listened intently to All Might's loud talk of congratulating her on passing. She didn't need to hear of the great score and how well she slowed down the zero-point to let those in the crossfire getaway. To her, it wasn't a big deal; it was what she would have done. Exam or no exam. She wouldn't willingly leave anyone behind.

"Congrats!" Hizashi shouted.

A pop went off as confetti flew through the air, landing in Ophelia's hair and all over the ground.

"I told you not to get one of those," Shouta mumbled.

"But it adds to the festivities! Ophelia got in, so of course, we should throw a little party," Hizashi rebuked, eyes wide at his partner's lack of enthusiasm.

"I'm not picking it up. Congrats on getting in, though, Ophelia. I am proud of you, even though I knew you'd do amazing," Shouta congratulated, placing his hand on her head as the corner of his mouth curved upward at her.

Ophelia smiled back, ignoring the whines of Hizashi. She would always feel indebted to them both. The care, love, laughter, and everything someone would expect from a family. They gave it all to her without smothering her with the pressure of what they expected of her. After feeling bad, she helped Hizashi pick up the confetti and watched him pout on the ground.

It wasn't until after the floor was cleaned that Shouta told her that Katsuki should have gotten his results that day too. Ophelia stood wide-eyed at the sudden news, stumbling over curses she spewed at them. Hizashi laughed as she quickly walked over to the table she had placed her letter on, grabbing it and telling them she would be back over her shoulder as she crushed a rose in her hand.