Chapter 20

English class with Hizashi, or as Ophelia had to start calling him in class, Present Mic, was a show in itself. On the one hand, his loud voice kept her mind right on task, but on the other, her dyslexia didn't help. A migraine was what that class felt like. The other classes went as usual as any class would get for her.

Lunch was welcoming when it finally came around. Katsuki didn't seem to enjoy it as much, not when Mina, Kyouka, Kirishima, and Kaminari joined them at the table. Mina and Kyouka sat across from her while Kaminari sat by Kyouka and Kirishima sat by Katsuki.

"What the fuck are you guys doing here?" Katsuki growled out, stabbing his food.

"We didn't come here for you," Mina replied, pointing at Ophelia. "We came for your girlfriend."

Katsuki glared at Mina but chose not to say anything.

"Better be careful there. Girls might steal your girl." Kaminari laughed at his joke.

Ophelia chuckled along with Mina and Kyouka.

"As if they could," Katsuki replied.

Kirishima's eyes lit up as he slammed his fist on the table, gathering attention from around the cafeteria. "So manly!"

Ophelia glanced around Katsuki at Kirishima, wondering if he was okay. She didn't know exactly what was 'manly' about that statement but did not ask.

"Anywaaays," Mina drawled out, eyeing the boys before turning back to Ophelia. "After school, wanna hang out? I got Jirou here to agree already!"

Ophelia glanced at Kyouka, who nodded in slight defeat. "Yeah. I think it would be fun."

"Yes!" Mina shouted, throwing her hands in the air.

"Wanna hang out, Bakugou?!"

"Shut the fuck up, sparky," Katsuki growled.

"That wasn't manly, Bakugou," Kirishima commented.

"No one fucking asked you, spiky hair. I'll see you in class," Katsuki snapped before standing up, taking his tray, and walking away.

Kirishima and Kaminari looked at each other before staring at Ophelia.

"What? He'll be fine. He's not much of a people person, but he'll probably warm up to you... in a few months," Ophelia answered, mumbling the last bit with a shrug of her shoulders.

The only thing Shouta told her about the Hero course that day was to have fun. She was afraid to find out what he meant, but she found out quickly as the door slammed open and All Might stood in the doorway. If his costume were blue and had the design changed around, All Might would have been Captain America on steroids with over-glorified hair.

She understood why everyone else in the class perked up and started talking about him being a teacher, the costume being from the silver age–which she didn't get, or how awesome he was. Ophelia couldn't take him seriously as a teacher.

"I teach Hero Basic Training. It is a subject where you train in different ways to learn the basics of being a hero. You'll take the most units in this subject. Let's get right into it! This is what we'll do today–" All Might held up a giant flashcard– "combat training!"

Ophelia internally rolled her eyes at the definition of Hero Basic Training. The name itself was self-explanatory, so she found it pointless unless you talked to a five-year-old who didn't understand the meaning of basic training. She wasn't sure she could handle whatever explanation All Might would give about what it took to be a Hero. She was glad that the class wasn't a lecture-type course, and they did get right into the physical aspect.