Chapter 23

"For today's hero basic training, it's turned into a class with three instructors, All Might and me, and one more person," Shouta announced

Shouta announced that their training would be conducted with him, All Might, and another person. Rescue training in disasters, shipwrecks, and anything in between scenarios. Everyone whispered excitedly as they heard the news from each other. Ophelia gnawed at her lip in thought. She hated how the turmoil stirred in her gut as the events from the past twenty-four hours seemed to be moving exceptionally fast. This was supposed to be high school, training to become their type of hero for the future, not whatever lay in front of them then and there.

Ophelia grabbed her hero suit, and everyone else did too, just as she expected. Besides Midoriya. She assumed he hadn't gotten his costume fixed yet since their last training. She could feel Katsuki's piercing gaze on the side of her face, but she could only shake her head silently. 

"If anything happens, don't do anything stupid."

Ophelia smiled. "I don't plan on it, but I won't make any promises." 

Katsuki clicked his tongue, annoyed as he glared at nothing. "At least fucking tell me, so you're not by yourself."

"Got it!" Ophelia assured, placing a kiss on his cheek as Ida yelled for everyone to line up.

The lineup didn't matter as they stepped onto the bus, and Ophelia suppressed a laugh. She sat by Katsuki, and Mina sat beside her, excitedly throwing her arms in the air. She listened as Tsu compared Midoriya's quirk to All Might's and how nervous Midoriya had gotten at that. It wasn't far-fetched with how little Ophelia knew about quirks and how they got passed down or evolved from their parents. Katsuki was an excellent example of developing and taking an aspect from both. She never did ask Midoriya what his mother's quirk was, but she doubted he came into it late. The feeling that was hidden deep inside still bothered her. It was like whatever was there hid from her. 

"Bakugou's always mad, so he doesn't seem like he'll be popular, though."

Ophelia coughed as her mind decided then to return to reality.

"What the hell?! You wanna fight?!" Katsuki yelled as he held onto the back of the seat, standing up.

Ophelia grabbed his arm, making him sit as Tsu pointed her theory correct. 

"It hasn't been long since we've known each other, so it's amazing that everyone already knows his personality is crap steeped in sewage, unless it's to Ophelia," Kaminari added.

"Trash talking to each other doesn't help either," Ophelia retorted, her hand still held onto Katsuki's arm as he seethed silently beside her, glaring at Kaminari. 

"See? How do you tame him?" 

"Tame?" Ophelia asked, appalled. "I don't tame anyone. He's a person, and yes, he has a shitty personality to practically everyone, but everyone has their baggage they deal with."

"She's right," Midoriya spoke up. "Kaachan won't admit it, but he's changed since Ophelia came to our school."

"Shut the fu–"

Ophelia poked him in the side, cutting his sentence off while giving him a pointed look. Katsuki rolled his eyes and rested his chin on his hand against the window with a pout. She was glad once Shouta announced they had arrived. She was met with a marshmallow of a person as she stepped off the bus. At least she didn't have to ask who the hero was since others stated it for her. The hero Thirteen. It didn't answer what their quirk was, though, but she figured she'd find out as they walked inside the enormous building. 

She didn't realize how big the dome was until they were inside. It was like having two cities under it. A shipwreck, a landslide, a fire, a windstorm, and more were all built inside as scenarios for accident and disaster rescue training. The Unforeseen Simulation Joint, also known as the USJ. Ophelia thought it was a tacky name, but hey, they wore bright orange shirts with CHB.