Chapter 7

"What the fuck was that?!" Bakugo shouted as his back slammed onto the ground under her.

Ophelia laughed at his expression. "It's called beating your ass, Ba-ku-go. I told you not to underestimate everyone."

Holding a hand out to him as she stood up, wondering if he'd accept her help this time. After a few more days of practically begging, she finally got him to agree to train with her.

Bakugo insisted on having quirks used, but Ophelia had thrown the question at him of what he would do if he reached his limit before he could subdue the villain. They could never guarantee that quirks could be used all the time, depending on where the fight was. Hand-to-hand combat was less likely to be used; however, it kept your body in shape and stamina up.

Bakugo, to her surprise, gave in after a point. If that was because of how he eyed the scars that were in the open with her tank top and capri leggings, she didn't care as long as he didn't ask. There was no way he would buy the lie that they came from trying to use her 'quirk.'

Training with the intent of never holding back on their opponent. That was how Ophelia wanted it. How else would she be able to know the different fighting styles people made with their powers?

She enjoyed the look on his face when he was underneath her within the first two minutes the first time they trained. Now, he could hold his own against her for at least 20 minutes and had bested her a few times with a smug look on his face. She knew he wouldn't openly admit it, but he seemed to enjoy their training.

Bakugo was, however, a swift learner. Within a few days, he had picked up quite a bit. However, he was reliant on his quirk and would always go for that. Ophelia would tease him for it, getting under his skin to prove he needed to reign in his attitude. Getting blinded by rage could cause one mistake that would cost you your life. She turned the question away from herself when he asked what she knew about fighting. Instead, she had no lie for it and gave him the same answer Shita had given her. "Never let your enemies see your emotions or use them against you."

They incorporated quirks into the training at some point. Even tried to help Ophelia incorporate using her quirk in a fight. That was one thing she knew she had to work on extensively. Ophelia used her powers to give herself an advantage during a battle, but it wasn't like vines and flowers would disintegrate monsters. It helped slow them down enough that she wouldn't die before she finished them off.

What scared her then was the more she used her powers, the less energy she used each time.

She couldn't say for sure what was happening; too many variables to question what was a possible scenario. She told Aizawa about it once she had realized what was happening, but there wasn't much he knew just to keep him informed.

Was it because it was a world where people had powers, and it started to affect her?

Or was it because it was a world without Gods?

The latter terrified her more. She never did anything to amount to being awarded to become a Goddess. Something she would have refused in a heartbeat. She hoped it was the former. The more you trained, the longer it took to become exhausted.

Bakugo had thought she barely used that side of her quirk and told her to quit messing around and get serious if she wanted even to try to get into U.A.

That was the decision she came to. A Hero. Getting into U.A. High, where Shota teaches. If becoming a Hero was the right decision, she would find out.

The need and want to help people were more substantial than she thought. Ophelia didn't owe any of those people, but it was where she lived. Like Long Island was her home, and she fought to protect it, she'd do the same there. No matter how much she thought, their rules were a bunch of crap.