Chapter 26

Ophelia groaned at the commotion interrupting her sleep. She could tell Katsuki was still holding by the smell of caramel and the warmth he always gave off, but she wasn't on his back anymore. She could hear people asking if someone was fine since they were sleeping for so long. She had a feeling it was about her and decided it was time to at least get the scoop of what happened after she fell asleep.

"What happened?" 

Katsuki had released his hold on her as she stood up carefully. Mina was the first to give her the news of Shouta, Thirteen, All Might, and Midoriya. She knew Shouta was alright just by being able to sense it, but she wasn’t sure the exact extent of the others' injuries without having to focus for them specifically. 

"Aizawa, are there any injuries? Your friends seemed adamant on making sure," the officer asked, glancing her over for any outward injuries.

She shrugged her shoulders, knowing he wouldn't find any, “nope.”

“B-But you…” Mineta stumbled out.

"I'm fine, I swear. A little nap and I'm good," Ophelia insisted. She had to be. She fought everyday to overcome the pain that haunted her and falling back into the pit of despair was like letting go of the hands that helped her get where she was, and she didn't want that.

"You had a fever earlier," Todoroki added.

"Oh my Gods, Todoroki," she groaned. "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but please, shut up." 

Todoroki tilted his head her way and opened his mouth to make another comment but she held up a finger, cutting him off before he could. 

"Well, if there's nothing to report. You kids are free to go. Your parents will be waiting at the gates," the officer explained as he tipped his head and backed out of the room. 

"Wait. Ophelia didn't get questioned yet though and the guy just left!?" Kaminari exclaimed, panicking. 

"Don't worry, Kaminari. I'm going to get questioned for sure. Probably tomorrow, though," Ophelia answered, sighing as everything seemed to sound so exhausting already and it hasn't even happened yet. 

"What? How do you know?" Kaminari questioned, stopping his panicked pace as he stared at her.

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "well for one, I just woke up. Two, they just told us we could leave and three, I think I know what Detective is leading the case and if it is, he'll be stopping by tomorrow."

"Ah.. well, that makes sense. As if! That makes no sense at all!"

Ophelia rolled her eyes, but ignored it. Everyone else seemed to hold back their questions. She didn't blame them. After what they went through, they had to process it all thoroughly themselves. Her answers would have only jumbled their thoughts more. 

Mina intertwined their hands and held onto the crease of her elbow with the other as she began to lead them out of the room.

"Well, if we’re all done playing attack on questions, I'd like to know my friends okay and go home," Mina announced as she squeezed Ophelia's hand.

Jirou nodded in agreement with a half-hearted smile. Ophelia returned the gesture to both of them as they walked out of the school, telling them she'll keep them notified on Shouta as they left with their parents. It would take a while for their cheerfulness to fully return and she could only hope it was still there when she had the guts to tell them her story. She turned to Katsuki who stood waiting with a teary eyed Mitsuki and a solemn Masaru. 

"Are you okay?" Mitsuki asked, stepping forward and placing her face in the palm of her hands.

Ophelia leaned in the warmth her boyfriend's mother gave off. "I'll be fine."