Chapter 33

A/N: Honestly guys, I was so excited to post this chapter, because my work day has gone to shit. However, the chapter I finished writing also has me excited for when I post it. So far I like how it is, and hopefully, I don't have to change too much, if at all. So enjoy! Happy readings!

"I'd say don't kill him, but considering you're up against Kirishima, I don't think you can."

"Fuck off."

Ophelia laughed at his poor comeback before he made his way down to the arena. They'd made it to the end of the second round, with Katsuki's match being the last. Hers was honestly easier than she expected, a couple of trees to break up the arena and vines to string up Ida in, and he was immobile. She'd give him the benefit of the doubt that in a race, he would win, but not with quirks—powers in her case. 

"You two are adorable. Well, once you get to know Bakugou's personality a bit. It's not hard to see how much he cares for you, though," Mina stated as she sat beside her. 

"I don't know about adorable," Ophelia replied. She could already imagine any of the Aphrodite kids using that word with that smile on their faces she never could decipher before. Maybe it was romantic love, and that was something she didn’t understand. But did she love Katsuki? 

"Oh, come on!" Mina gushed, nudging her shoulder softly. "Anyone with eyes can tell how different he is around you. He's always yelling at anyone or glaring at them, especially if they look at you the wrong way." 

Ophelia rolled her eyes at that statement. She knew well enough she wasn't invisible, but she could handle her own very well, and she knew Katsuki knew that too. It didn't stop the warmth that spread throughout her, though. The thought of Katsuki being the protective type, still knowing when to draw the line, was a comforting thought that settled her feelings more than she thought it would. "You're just reading into it too much. That's just how he is; nothing I did. It's only 'cause you want there to be something more to his glaring." 

She could feel the doubtful look Mina was giving her as she watched the match. If she even glanced over at her friend, she knew Mina would see the turmoil within her. The affection she held on the thought of her friend's words, but also the slithering insecurities that he could do better than her. Katsuki wanted to become number one, but she had secrets that could also hinder that. 

Would those secrets be a downfall to his dream if—when they came to light? It was only time before she was exposed or did it herself. 

She'd also never be able to stand in between anyone and their dreams—as long as they were the right ones, so she'd never make him choose between his dreams or her. She didn't know where he stood on that, and she was honestly more afraid of that answer than being surrounded by monsters. They were only fifteen, and feelings changed sometimes. Whether they grew stronger or farther apart was the question. 

"You okay?"

"Hmm?" She replied, barely registering Mina's question. It took a second for her mind to clear before she plastered a smile as she turned to Mina. "Yeah, just tried to picture what you were saying. Not exactly seeing it, though." 

Mina scoffed with a smile on her face as she lightly shoved her. "You're obviously not trying hard enough. I mean… just picture his rose red eyes and the smile he always has. Or how he always seems tough, but he's more of a softy." 

"Uhh... Mina? I don't think you're even describing Katsuki right now."

"What?" Mina asked, looking confused before her eyes widened in realization, and redness crept up her neck to her cheeks. 

Ophelia couldn't keep her laughter in. She had gained the attention of a few around her, but she didn't care. She could tease a friend about their crush and not have them shadow travel away to avoid her. Mina glared at her but didn't say anything. She knew if she didn't choose her words carefully, they could be used against her.