Chapter 11

It wasn't that Ophelia was opposed to telling Hizashi after the incident at the mall–it was the fact that she hadn't even told Bakugo. Granted, Shota trusted Hizashi with his life, and it made her warm up to the dandelion that much faster. Still, she had someone else who had helped her, unknowingly, but also waited for an explanation for everything.

She still hadn't figured out how to tell him or when. She hoped that Bakugo's message telling her that Mitsuki invited her over for dinner would somehow grace her with an opportunity. It was spitting the words out that she had a problem with. She racked her brain for days, trying to devise a reasonable scenario that wouldn't make it sound like she was making an excuse, but nothing sounded right.

Why was it so hard to explain something to Bakugo?

When she had to tell Shota and Detective Tsukauchi, it seemed so much easier–not that she had a choice, and it wasn't like she told them everything either. She knew they knew that too.

Her nerves didn't seem to help with her nightmares either. It only added onto them. What ifs that she knew would never happen but could only watch it unfold before her eyes. What if she was too late in Bakugo? What if any of the monsters found their way into this world? It didn't seem so far-fetched to her, considering she disappeared from where they reform. What if telling Bakugo and Hizashi put them in danger? What if Hizashi and Shota got into trouble for hiding her powers? What if they came to resent her for it?

Ophelia walked into the kitchen the morning she was supposed to be at the Bakugo's for dinner, finding Hizashi with a white apron making breakfast.

"Tonight's when you're going over for dinner at the Bakugo's, right?" Shota asked, sipping on a cup of coffee at the table.

"Yeah," she replied, pouring herself a cup of coffee, adding the right amount of cream and sugar she liked. "Bakugo said to be there at six, but I might head over earlier."

Ophelia took the plate Hizashi held out for her, mumbling thanks as she took a seat, followed by Hizashi, who had grabbed a plate for himself and Shota.

It was a sight to watch Shota half-smile at Hizashi when a plate was set in front of him.

"So, who is this friend?"

Ophelia groaned outwardly. She didn't miss the slight threat in Hizashi's tone when he asked that question. After their shopping trip to the mall a few days ago, he had come over more frequently throughout the day, even stayed over last night. She was just glad she didn't hear anything if they did something.

"He's someone who helped me through school, and we... possibly... became friends after hanging out so often," Ophelia stated, losing her confidence in calling him a friend.

"That doesn't sound reassuring," Hizashi stated sarcastically.

~~*———————————————————*~~

"I'll see you guys later!" Ophelia called out through the house.

"Stay safe!"

"Have fun!"

Ophelia chuckled to herself as they yelled back different replies. It was comforting to hear, even though they knew she was capable.

She rang the doorbell once she arrived and waited for the familiar hothead to answer the door, knowing his mother would make him answer it. As the door opened, she could see his confused face morph into one of slight irritation. Which, to her, was a far step from what felt like a month ago.

"What the hell are you doing here so early? I told you 6."

"KATSUKI! Is that Ophelia at the door?! Don't leave her standing out there!" Mitsuki's voice hollered from the kitchen.