Chapter 22

Ophelia found herself surrounded by darkness, with the only light source to be found in front of her blocked by a bulky figure in a chair. Chills ran down her spine at the cold hollow laugh the figure let out, shaking the chair they were in.

"Who would have thought? This is good. Now is the time for your revenge, find where he will be and gather anyone who wishes to join. The newest weapon will be ready at your disposal to take him down."

"Yes, Master."

Ophelia cringed as a dry and scratchy voice came from the screen. The chair shook as the figure let out another dark chuckle, mumbling something she couldn't hear as darkness clouded her vision, pulling her from the dream.

Her eyes flung open as she filled her lungs with air. She flipped the covers off her as she walked to the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face before resting her hands on the edges of the sink, staring at her disheveled reflection. Sun-kissed hair clung to her bronze skin. Her tired eyes stared back at her, questioning everything she had just dreamed. She could tell Shouta and Hizashi, but that was as far as it went. Her secret prevented it from going further than them. For the first time, she contemplated telling the other teachers.

"What was it this time?" Shouta asked as he appeared in the doorway.

"It-it was different. It was a demigod dream," she replied.

"About Eri?"

"No, but that's the thing." She looked at Shouta in apprehension, feeling the hollow spot ache at the thought of not knowing how Eri was. "I don't know who it was or who they were looking for. They asked someone to bring someone down, though. I only heard their voices through, and the other was through a screen of some sort."

Shouta hummed in thought before placing a hand on her shoulder, "I'll leave earlier to inform Hizashi of this. We can look into what we can without leaking anything if you don't want it. Try to focus on class today."

"Alright," Ophelia sighed. She had a while before she had to be ready for school, but she decided to get dressed and have breakfast. She knew it would be almost impossible, and she believed Shouta knew it too, but he tried.

Ophelia heard the commotion as she got closer to the school, finding reporters hounding students. She scrunched her face up at the audacity of reporters and had no intention of going through them. A rose grew from the ground, and she crushed it in her hand, engulfed in the familiar pale pink smoke as she appeared in the schoolyard. She waved to Uraraka as she walked through the school gates, letting her catch up as they walked to class.

"You were able to avoid them?"

"I have flower power." Ophelia wiggled her fingers with a grin.

Uraraka stared at her for a second before asking, "you can teleport through your plants too?"

"Uhh.. something like that. I don't really know how to explain it; I can just do it," Ophelia explained, never having thought of how it works or explaining it.

"That's cool, though!"

Ophelia listened as Uraraka talked about the media, who stopped every student on their way and was lucky she didn't have to walk through the hoard of media that kept asking questions about All Might. Ophelia rolled her eyes at how little the media cared about knowing any other aspect of the hero than what he did as a hero. If there was one thing she hated about how their system worked—it was that heroes weren't viewed as regular people outside of that job.

Ophelia waved to Uraraka as she went to her seat as they walked into the classroom. She smiled at Mina, who waved frantically to her before taking her seat just as Shouta stood at the podium.