Chapter 4

To say that Ophelia and Bakugo became friends would be a lie.

Between Bakugo tutoring Ophelia and, much to his dismay, helping her learn to use a phone. The harsh words that were once spoken became something like friendly banter. She was relieved when words didn't have to be used to relay how the atmosphere changed. Bakugo didn't seem like the type to talk about his feelings in the first place. It was whatever it became, and they left it at that.

It became natural to walk side by side to Shota's house after school; she never questioned it. Who knew his reasonings, and she doubted he would even say why.

So when Friday rolled around, she was surprised when Bakugo told her about the change of plans. His 'old hag' wanted to meet who he was 'helping,' making him become more 'mature.' Mature wasn't the word Ophelia would have used to describe Bakugo's attitude. She had a feeling mature wasn't the word used by either his mother or grandmother. She didn't know his home situation and couldn't assume either or with the term 'old hag,' but didn't put it past him to call his mother that.

Ophelia sent a quick text to Shota once they left school. Nerves were getting the best of her as she thought about meeting Bakugo's parents or guardians. She fiddled with her necklace and stole nervous glances in his direction until Bakugo finally had enough.

"What!? Why the fuck do you keep looking at me?"

"I was just curious as to why the sudden change," Ophelia whispered, suddenly finding the pavement interesting.

Bakugo scoffed. "My old hag wouldn't leave me alone until I brought you over at least once."

A small smile graced Ophelia's lips as she suppressed a laugh, not wanting to ruin the moment that Bakugo Katsuki gave in to someone. "You must really love your...." She didn't know whether to say, mother or guardian.

"Mother? She's annoying," Bakugo grumbled out once he noticed the cautious question she silently asked.

Bakugo had gotten the gist of Ophelia's situation. Even though they shared the same last name, she looked nothing like Aizawa and called Aizawa by his name. Bakugo didn't need to ask to know the answer to his question. So he never did. Something that made Ophelia swell with gratitude.

The walk was silent the rest of the way until Bakugo walked up a small pathway to a warm beige house with flowers adorning the front. Ophelia already loved his mother.

"It's finally nice to meet you, Aizawa. Katsuki told us he was helping someone with classwork, but he wouldn't go into details. But this is a surprise! To think Katsuki actually found a girl who can handle his shit attitude!"

Oh, Ophelia really loved his mother. She also found out where he got his attitude from. The bright grin on his mother's face at how she teased her son was the highlight of every joke she pulled on him, but the blush crept up her neck at her subtle meaning at the end too. They had barely made it two feet into Bakugo's house before an older female version of Bakugo bombarded from another room. Ophelia assumed it was the kitchen as she wore an apron that said, 'kiss the chief.'

"SHUT UP, YOU OLD HAG! THIS IS WHY I DON'T TELL YOU ANYTHING!"

"DON'T YOU YELL BACK AT ME! WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU LEARN YOUR MANNERS FROM?!" His mother yelled, matching her son's fury, turning to face Ophelia with a smile, the kind of smile the young girl had only ever seen from her mother when she visited her. If she didn't have better control of her emotions, she would have choked up worse than she did for that split second. "Don't mind him. I'm surprised you were able to keep up with him. So thank you for looking out for him. I'm this idiot's mother, Bakugo Mitsuki, but you can call me Mitsuki. This is my husband, Masaru," Mitsuki greeted Ophelia, gesturing to the tall, brown-spiked hair that stood next to her.