37

*Ding~

Bzzt. Bzzt.

Penalty 2:

《Get slapped by Oikawa Tooru》

Reward: 55 points
Failure results in INSTANT DEATH.
Time limit: 48 hours, 31 minutes

Good Luck!
≥3

-
M/N had recklessly placed himself without thinking in between Oikawa and Kageyama. And in the heat of the moment, Oikawa wasn't thinking straight nor was he able to react quickly enough to avoid hitting M/N.

In the next second, Oikawa's fist collided into the face of M/N. The impact and shock causing M/N to fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

The crash of M/N onto the hardwood was then followed by a sharp clank sound as the can that Iwaizumi was holding within his palms, fell flat onto the ground too due to Iwaizumi's loosened grip caused by the shock of what he had just seen.

Just nicely at that moment, Iwaizumi had returned from his trip to the bathroom while not forgetting to get M/N's sweet can of cold beverage.

The sight that greeted Iwaizumi as he entered the gym was not one that could be described as pleasant at all. Iwaizumi's eyes widened as the first thing he has witnessed upon entering the large gym doors was his best friend slamming his fist into M/N, and M/N falling onto the hard floor due to the impact.

Everything happened so fast that Iwaizumi had no time to react. It was only when he saw M/N laying on the ground then did he call out to M/N, his voice full of concern as he ran towards M/N at full speed, completely disregarding the drink that he had just dropped seconds ago.

"M/N!"

.
Kageyama just stood there for a few solid seconds in shock as he caught a glimpse of M/N who came sprinting in, before taking a hit from Oikawa for him. Seeing M/N who was on the floor made him shake out of his stupor as he urgently called out M/N's name in concern.

"M/N-kun!"

.
Oikawa stood still for moments.
He had froze the moment his fist came into contact with M/N.
Oikawa's mind had yet to fully register or comprehend what had just happened and neither could he fully believe what he had just done.

Oikawa had hit M/N.
His precious M/N-chan.
Oikawa was swarmed with a sense of disbelief. How could he...?
However, the lingering stinging sensation on his hand paired with the sight of M/N sprawled on the ground screamed to him that he had indeed harmed M/N.

Oikawa didn't mean it.
He wasn't thinking straight.
Instant regret and guilt flooded his system as he stilly stared at M/N, with a complicated look on his face.

Even as Iwaizumi had come running in towards M/N to check if he was alright, Oikawa still stood rooted to his spot in shock.
It wasn't until he heard M/N call out for him did he snap out of his temporary frozen state.

"Oikawa senpai, are you okay?" M/N asked as Iwaizumi was cradling the boy from his back, supporting M/N as he sat on the floor.

"M/N-chan, I-I-" Oikawa couldn't find the right words to say.
How could M/N still have the thought of asking him if he was alright when clearly he was the one who injured him?

Oikawa took a step gingerly towards M/N with his hands stretched out but before he could even reach for M/N, Kageyama had came in, roughly shoving Oikawa in the chest.

"Stay away from M/N!" Kageyama screamed as he pushed Oikawa back causing Oikawa to stumble a few steps backwards, obviously not expecting Kageyama to even touch him, furthermore to shove him.

"Tobio-kun." M/N called out sternly shaking his head in disapproval.

Kageyama huffed in displeasure.

"Come on, let's get you to the infirmary and get your face treated." Iwaizumi spoke, using a tone so gentle that even Oikawa who had known him the longest was slightly surprised.

M/N nodded as Iwaizumi pulled M/N up from the ground, supporting M/N with an arm around his body.

"I'll come too!" Kageyama declared.

Though Kageyama was immediately shut down by Iwaizumi, "Kageyama, do you mind if you could go and pack up all of yours and M/N's stuff first before bringing it all over to us? It would save a lot of time."

Kageyama nodded readily, eager to help M/N in any way.

As Iwaizumi guided M/N out of the gym, Oikawa continued to stand there in shock as massive amounts of guilt continued to flood his senses. Coupled with the fact that as Iwaizumi and M/N were exiting the gym, Iwaizumi had thrown Oikawa a look of pure disappointment and slight anger, causing the regret within Oikawa to pile up even more.

Oikawa didn't move. Not one bit. Like a motionless figure, he stood there frozen throughout the whole period where Kageyama was packing up M/N's items. And it wasn't until when Kageyama exited the gym with a loud slam of the gym door closing behind him, did Oikawa make any sort of movement.

Oikawa instantly fell to the ground as the gym door slammed shut, his legs no longer able to support his crippling regret.
Tears wallowed in the corners of his eyes as he remained pitifully on the ground. His hands curled into fists as he repeatedly smashed his hands onto the wooden floor wanting, and desperate to get rid of whatever he was feeling right now.

The guilt, the pain, the regret was too much. The tears that were once kept by the corners of his eyes came flowing out like a broken dam.

Oikawa was sorry. He really was.
Oikawa didn't mean it. He really didn't.
He has never wanted to hurt anyone, especially M/N. But now he's hurt, what is he going to do? How should he fix this?
He shouldn't have let his emotions take over. He shouldn't have let it blind him. But it already has, and what is he supposed to do now? M/N probably hates him to bits right now.

Oikawa could only lay on the floor alone, palms to his eyes as he cried.

_________________

Author's note:
I think that the third person's perspective for today's chapter may be a little complicated and confusing. I do hope that my little breaks in between lines would help you all understand better.

Anyways, thank you all so much for the support, please vote, stay safe and

Stay happy readers! ♪(┌・。・)┌