59

-
Shirabu wanted to lie and say that he wasn't scared, but he couldn't. Every single time M/N spiked a ball, he flinches. Getting hit by the ball smashed by M/N felt like suicide. It was even worst than Ushijima's. Shirabu firmly believes that it was probably due to M/N's boiling anger.

If it weren't for the fact that Shirabu himself was at the receiving end of M/N's fury, Shirabu would too be struggling to stifle his laughs like Semi or Goshiki.

M/N was rather comical, to say the least. Screaming and cussing out their coach at every other hit. Plus, M/N was very relatable as well, crying over the loss of his fluffy bed and him being excruciatingly tired.
It really made Shirabu wonder how he was claiming to be exhausted while still hitting the damn ball so vigorously. Guess he'd never know.

•••

Honestly, Semi was having the best time of his life right now. Not only were their team winning against Ushijima's (which is unheard of in the 2 full years Semi had been in Shiratorizawa), he was too able to set to M/N. Though temporary, it was like a dream come true for Semi. Especially when despite M/N's constant irritation at being here, he had occasionally made an effort to praise Semi for his setting.

It was like a childhood wish becoming reality for Semi. He had recalled himself at the young tender age of 8 yearning to be a setter as M/N gushed about the most comfortable set for him, and himself wanting to be at the receiving end of such a high praise. To be complimented by M/N for his setting was a goal that Semi has never forgotten. (Plus, the look on Shirabu's face whenever M/N told him that his set was nice, is absolutely priceless ✨.)

•••

Goshiki was liking this new kidnapped player. Akiri-san was flexible and highly adaptable in his playing style. Switching from defense to offense smoother than a dolphin. And with absolutely no issues at all. Goshiki was amazed. Especially when his spike power did not pale in comparison to his admired Ushijima-senpai's at the slightest.
Not only that, it was the first time that Goshiki or you could even say all of the Shiratorizawa team's first time seeing someone use such crude language to their coach(along with the lack of honorifics or even the usage of his proper name).

•••
"FUCK YOU OLD MAN!"

-

"YOU SUCK OLD MAN!"

-

"I'm supposed to be in bed but now I'm here! Thank you so much, old man!"

To which Washijo actually replied, "No problem you brat."

"I wasn't actually thanking you!" M/N cried out as he was forced to set for Goshiki since Semi was first touch, not noticing Goshiki and Tendou's astounded faces.

Meanwhile in Shirabu's mind: That annoying Akiri-san can set too?! It looks way too good. Huff😤.

-

"YOUR ASS IS WRINKLY OLD MAN!"

Everyone in the gym took a double-take at M/N's exclamation, looking disturbed as heck. Probably all mentally imagining that cursed image in their minds.🤮

On the good side, this allowed a free point for M/N's team as literally everyone except for M/N looked highly traumatized for a moment.

And for the first time since the introductions, Washijo called out M/N's name, sternly, "M/N!"

"Yes yes, I'm here!" M/N enthusiastically yelled out even opting to happily raise his hand.

Washijo looked like he was about to murder M/N right then and there.

°°°

"Alright, you guys are dismissed." Washijo declared.

Hearing that practice has ended, M/N's face had instantly brightened up. At breakneck speed, M/N had single-handedly picked up all of Semi's belongings before casually grabbing Semi with his other hand, and dashing towards the exit.

Sadly, M/N was caught back by the one and only Ushijima, again.

"God damn it." M/N huffed as he cursed at his horrible luck.

All the while Semi was utterly confused. He hasn't even had the time to even react or process what the heck was going on. One moment he was on solid ground, and the next he was picked up by M/N.

"Come on you little gremlin, put Semi down." Washijo spoke as he walked over to the spot where Ushijima stopped M/N.

M/N let out an angry puff of air before placing Semi back down.

"You're like a child I swear. But your skills are good. It's too bad..." Washijo shook his head as he glanced at M/N once before walking away.

M/N was puzzled. Did the old man literally stroll over for a few seconds just to say those?

Washijo, as if sensing his confusion spoke up, suddenly having an uncanny resemblance to their ace,  "You should've come to Shiratorizawa."

M/N was stunned for a second.
How did Washijo know that he wasn't coming to Shiratorizawa? Wasn't he mad at him? He broke a promise after all. And what the actual fuck?! That's Ushijima's line!

"Don't think you're off the hook though. Just because you aren't in Shiratorizawa doesn't mean that you can escape me. Training goes on." Washijo let out a devilish smile, hidden from M/N, but fully visible to the rest of the Shiratorizawa team excluding Ushijima and Semi.

They all felt an uncontrollable shiver down their spines.

•••

-

"I will see you next time Akiri-san." Ushijima spoke as he and I split ways.

Semi didn't live in the same direction and thus he had already left, leaving me with Ushijima who I am currently parting ways with.

I gave Ushijima a small nod, "See you, Ushijima-san."

As the sky had gradually changed into darkness, with streaks of orange and yellow fading into the horizon, I arrived at my house. Noticing two very familiar figures sitting on my front porch.

"Iwa? Oikawa-senpai?" I called out, rather confounded.

I surely wasn't expecting the both of them to be by my house.
What were they doing here anyway?
Had they gotten lost on their road to life, or something?

____________________

Author's note:
My apologies I took so long to publish this, like 9 hours? I fell asleep... again. I really need to set my priorities.

Also, I've noticed that quite a few of you wanted separate endings for each character, and to be completely honest, I'm fine with that. HOWEVER, I'll have to ask you this question once more after we've reached the ending. Since you all may be surprised by how I planned for the story to end. Don't worry though, we'll figure it out when the time comes.

Anyways, as usual, please don't mind any errors, vote, stay safe and

Stay happy readers! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧