55

-

"It's a miracle." The doctor spoke as he did a physical test for me.

Semi just continued to stare at me in amazement and slight embarrassment due to the little situation we had earlier.

"I'll have to run a few more tests to check if the muscles and bones are really in good condition. Once I clear that, I suppose Akiri-san could be discharged immediately." The doctor continued to speak with a permanent astounded expression etched on his face as he looked extremely focused on the results in his hands.

-

"So you're good to go M/N? Just like that?" M/N's mother questioned through the phone as she approved his discharge.

"Yeah, the doctors say there are no issues. I'm in the pink of health." M/N answered as he looked at Semi who was collecting some medication from the counter (that were prescribed for M/N in case).

"Hm, that's good then. Also regarding your school request... Are you sure you don't need to continue your middle school education? Directly skipping from middle school to high school isn't going to be easy you know? You don't need to be in such a hurry." M/N's mother asked, her tone filled with worry.

"I'm sure mum. Plus, I'll have to pass the entrance exam first before they'd enroll me into the school anyways. With that, it can be gauged on whether or not I'm capable enough to attend high school." M/N replied calmly as in contrast to his mother, he had no qualms over technically skipping grades.

"I suppose so. It's your choice after all M/N." M/N's mother sighed.

"Thanks, mum."

"Anytime son. You know I just want the best for you." M/N's mother let out a small feeble smile on the other end.

"Hm, bye mum." M/N hums.

"Bye."

Once the phone has hung up, M/N turned back to Semi who had been waiting for him to finish his call.

"So you're just going to start attending high school?" Semi started.

M/N hums in agreement, "Yeah. I wouldn't like to be still stuck in middle school while all of you guys are already in high school after all."

Semi nods in acknowledgment before questioning, "So which school are you planning on going to?"

M/N looked at Semi with an undescribable glint at the back of his eyes, answering, "Karasuno."

"Eh?" Semi looked rather taken aback at M/N's answer, however, a weird uncontrollable shiver befell him as Semi glanced at M/N's almost smirking face.

Though at that moment, Semi had suddenly remembered that when they were younger, M/N had told him that he had promised his coach that he'd go to Shiratorizawa. Why had M/N changed his mind now?

Catching Semi's confused look, M/N began to question, "Hm? Is something wrong Eita? Why are you looking so shocked and puzzled?"

"It's just that, didn't you promise coach Washijo that you'd go to Shiratorizawa like in elementary school?"

"Oh? I did?" M/N blinked innocently as he tilted his head to the side, pretending to have no clue what Semi was talking about.