105

-
"Akiri, change of plans." Coach Kurosu speaks, pulling M/N aside from the rest of the team who were practicing hard for their upcoming interhigh.

M/N looks confused as he gazes at Inarizaki's coach, a bad feeling running up his veins.

"So you know how our initial plan was for you to not involve yourself in Inarizaki's Interhigh?" Coach Kurosu slowly questions.

M/N bites his lips in nervousness, somehow knowing exactly where the whole conversation will be heading, "Yeah?"

Coach Kurosu sighs as he glances at M/N's obvious discomfort. "The thing is, a few of the club members either have things going on during the Interhigh period or are injured and wouldn't be able to participate by that time."

Coach Kurosu pauses for a second scrutinizing M/N's distasteful facial expression, clearly not liking where things were going.

"Yeah, I can tell you aren't very excited about this but due to such unforeseen circumstances, you're needed on the team." Coach Kurosu declares as he pats M/N on the back once.

"Urgh." M/N lets out a loud groan of unhappiness in front of Inarizaki's coach without restraint, not bothering to hide his displeasure.

The coach shakes his head, "I simply do not understand Akiri. This is a great opportunity for you in your volleyball journey. You have the skills and talent for volleyball, and yet you act like you're some kind of amateur while appearing to be reluctant to do anything related to the sport. Why join volleyball if you aren't dedicated to it?"

M/N tilts his head towards Coach Kurosu, a bitter smile painting his features, "I wasn't given a choice."

After those words, M/N gives Coach Kurosu a nod before leaving back to practice with the rest of the Inarizaki members, leaving Coach Kurosu both bewildered and puzzled.

Those words that M/N spoke were true after all. M/N wasn't really given a choice. To live, he had to ensure that he would be able to complete his missions. And he knows for sure that those missions would always revolve around the characters of the Haikyuu universe. Thus, the easiest way to secure his survival was to stick to Hinata. Plus he had the old man as his neighbor. There was no way he was going to escape a life of volleyball(he's in a volleyball anime for god's sake!).

Sure, he had his own selfish desires that led to him entering the world of volleyball but to M/N, the sport still held significant value. After all, it is a connection for him to the world he once lived in.

All in all, M/N's just on the lazier side. He prefers to chill and not sweat and exhaust himself ridiculously. Disgusting germs.

-

"Congratulations M/N! I heard you'll be participating in Interhigh with us!" Atsumu exclaims excitedly as he jumps onto M/N, clinging to the ravenette like a Koala.

"Yah, Tsumu get your dumbass off M/N!" Osamu yells, grabbing onto Atsumu trying to pull the blonde off M/N, getting agitated at his brother's closeness with the all-rounder.

All the while Kita, Suna, Riseki, Aran, and Akagi stood there deadpanning at the twins' futile fight over the ravenette, especially when M/N appeared to be dozing off while standing.

How M/N could even be falling asleep as a tug-of-war was literally happening with his body would forever be a mystery.

Sighing, Kita steps forward as he looks sharply at the two brothers commanding, "Atsumu, Osamu get off M/N right now."

Turning slowly to look at Kita, both Miyas in lightning speed, instantly let go of the poor M/N upon witnessing the "kindly" smile that was plastered on their captain's face.