48

Day 557
"M/N, I don't understand..." Kageyama buried his face in his palms.

"Why did they...? How could they?" Kageyama shakes his head slowly, his hands still covering his face.

"Was I wrong? I only select the best position to set to. I had my sights to win. I know I'm good, so what went astray?" Kageyama's brows furrowed as he grumbled almost pitifully.

"They abandoned me. I turned around, and no one was behind me." Kageyama's face contorted into one of melancholy and hurt.

Looking at M/N, Kageyama sighed once more. "I don't get it. You once told me that with six people, the strong are even stronger."

Kageyama paused for a second looking like he had been caught in a flashback.

His face instantly softened as now, with a much gentler expression on his face, Kageyama continued, "I remember asking you what it meant and where you heard it from. But, back then you only shook your head laughing a little before uttering Iwaizumi senpai's name."

A small sigh escaped Kageyama's lips.

"I'm not a king. I am talented and that is a fact. I'm not like some people who looks like a mess joining volleyball. Like that overly excited orange-haired kid. All that talk but I don't see any skills to back it up." Kageyama huffed.

"If only you were here with me M/N." Kageyama whispered out before letting his sadnesses run dry with no one but an unconscious M/N as witness.

(Side note: Kageyama actually tripped and face-planted onto the hospital ground on the way out that day as he couldn't see properly after rubbing his eyes too much.)

-

Day 586
"Happy Birthday to you~!" Everyone sang as M/N's gifts were once again piled up neatly in a corner awaiting to be unwrapped by M/N.

This year, one could feel the tension among the visitors. Washijo seemed more uptight than usual, along with some invisible sparks flying between Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Semi, and Tendou(who insisted on tagging along since he claims that he wants to see Akiri-san's handsome face once more).

Not only that, most obviously, this year the tensions between Kindaichi, Kunimi, and Kageyama were astoundingly charting.
The number of heated glares shot from Kindaichi was astonishing, along with Kunimi deliberately avoiding Kageyama.
Kageyama, on the other hand, was more hurt and angry then anything else, since he couldn't understand why the fallout.

One could say that this year, the attendees were only barely managing to maintain civility due to it being M/N's special day. You could only imagine the mess that the now 15 year old M/N would have to clean when he wakes up.

-

Day 692
"You are one awful child." Washijo shook his head as he stared at the still unawakened M/N.

"Didn't you promise me to enter Shiratorizawa Academy for high school? But now look at you, just laying here. It's been two years and counting since you fell unconscious. When the heck are you going to wake up from your peaceful slumber?" Washijo spoke as he eyed the beeping machine, watching as the line went up and down.

"Doctors said you are in the pink of health. And yet you still lay here, in a logically abortive sleep." Washijo sighed as he gently flicked M/N's forehead.

"Rise and shine you brat, rise and shine. Or else I'm going to throw my aggressive cat onto you. He's one grouchy and fierce boy I assure you."

-

Day 748
Kageyama tears up within the four walls of M/N's hospital room.

"I didn't make it M/N." Kageyama hung his head down in dejection.