109

~Timeskip, a few weeks later~

-
"Akiri, get your ass here right now!" Coach Kurosu yells as M/N sits on the ground within the reserve members' area.

M/N was literally the only one sprawled on the ground like he was forced to be there as the Inarizaki team plays their last match in their block before being able to qualify.

The atmosphere was extremely tense to the point where a knife could cut. And yet, M/N laid there like a dead fish ignoring Coach Kurosu's calls.

Now, it was not as though M/N did not care for the Inarizaki team. Not at all. He cared very much. It's just that, he was really, really tired.

Why?

Let's just say that he was up talking to this random stranger online on those anonymous friend-making applications which caused him to lose a lot of sleep.

The loud cheering of the audience and those stupid Inarizaki drums were already irritating M/N, adding on with the awful shrill voice of Coach Kurosu hollering for him, it is an absolute disaster in M/N's mind. He is seriously getting an intense migraine from all the noise.

What did the wonderful Coach Kurosu want now?

Upon glancing at the scoreboard, M/N then realizes that Inarizaki is already on their last set, with a score of twenty-one is to twenty-two, with the points in the opposing team's favor. It is currently a really close match.

Now to see what the coach wants...

M/N slowly stands up, hobbling towards the highly agitated coach questioning, "Yes Coach, you called?"

Seeing the lackluster persona of M/N Coach Kurosu wanted to take back all his original intentions, but with another sharp tweet indicating that the opposing school had scored another point, he had no choice but to bite the bullet.

Coach Kurosu really had not wanted M/N to participate in the Interhigh. Firstly due to the fact that M/N himself had not seemed all that interested, and secondly because M/N was not even a permanent member of the team. He was just here for an exchange program. The team could not jolly well fixate a team around a temporary member, could they?

But Coach Kurosu was nearing desperation, and he hoped that M/N would be able to pull Inarizaki through. The team was thoroughly exhausted beyond belief due to it being the final set of their game.

"I'm going to sub Ginjima out for you, Akiri. Good luck." Coach Kurosu pats M/N on the back firmly.

"Hah?!" M/N exclaims in shock. "B-but wha? Am I acting as a pinch server or?" M/N was really confused. His brain really could not process anything due to his sleep deprivation.

"I don't know, I'm sure you'll figure it out! We're in a pinch right now, and we lost to Ichiyama last year so, we're counting on you!"

M/N stares at Coach Kurosu as if he had seen a ghost. Did the coach really say that he was clueless? What in the world?

"But we're not playing Ichiyama now?" M/N's brain was absolutely not working.

Coach Kurosu sighs, "No we're not. You don't have to think so hard, just do your best out there."

"O-okay?" M/N was just lost.

M/N was so befuddled that he swore that just a second ago he was in front of the coach but on the next, he was on court holding the volleyball in hand, apparently getting ready to serve.

How the heck did I get here? M/N wonders to himself as he absentmindedly spins the ball in his palms.

"Nice serve M/N! Nice serve!" Cheers from his fellow teammates could be heard from the sides before the whistle blew.