47

Day 233
Kageyama walked silently into M/N's hospital room, closing the door shut quietly.

It was obvious that Kageyama had just came to visit M/N after Volleyball practice due to not only his attire but also from the wisp of tiredness that lingered in his eyes. With his feet gently tapping against the tiles, Kageyama plopped himself onto the chair by M/N's bed with no words spoken.

A moment later, Kageyama speaks with a surprising amount of exhaustion lacing his every word, "M/N, I'm tired."

An instance of stillness ensued.

"I started volleyball from an early age due to my grandfather. My sister and I used to train together with him. It was then that I found my passion for volleyball. I enjoyed the thrill and the sensation of the instance where the ball would touch the tips of my fingers before being sent to the spikers." Kageyama narrated with a ghost of a smile playing on his lips.

"I even used to hold myself back just to prolong the match. Silly isn't it?" Kageyama let out a small nostalgic chuckle.

"It was only until my grandfather noticed and encouraged me to always do my best, saying that it was only then will I meet even better, stronger opponents. I believed him. And he was right." A wistful look was seen on Kageyama's face as his fingers drummed against the side of the bed.

"When I entered Kitagawa Daiichi, I met you, and the upperclassmen, especially Oikawa and Iwaizumi senpai. You guys were practically shining. I saw you all as worthy rivals. I felt amazing. But now, they're all gone." Kageyama's voice slowed and softened.

"Oikawa and Iwaizumi senpai graduated, and you are here. Plus, my grandfather's health has been on a decline. No one's here with me no more, and I didn't want to burden them with my own problems." Kageyama sighed as he let his worries run free making no effort to even cover up his disappointment and worry.

"I'm passionate, I work hard. I know that. But M/N, without you here, I fear that Kunimi-kun and Kindaichi-kun can no longer bring me the same joy you once brought me. I'm afraid that they can't keep up, and I really want them to. I'm scared that if my last string of hope were to break, I'd be alone. And yet, I can't control it." A few stray tears rolled across Kageyama's disconsolate face.

"Please do wake up soon... Come on, even the hair dye that you placed on me has almost completely faded." Kageyama blinked his tears away placing a hand on top of M/N's head, feeling his soft hair seeking comfort.

-

Day 365
"One year M/N, one year. It's been a year since you've been in a coma M/N. When will you be waking up?" Iwaizumi uttered as he sat by M/N.

"We've come to visit you as much as possible, in case you get lonely. Wouldn't you please wake up and greet us soon?" Iwaizumi questioned looking at M/N's still ever so pretty face.

"Trashykawa couldn't make it today as he has extra classes. He was extremely close to skipping school if it weren't for me convincing him that you wouldn't have wanted him to miss lessons." Iwaizumi spoke, his hand lifting up in a pinching motion with his fingers barely apart.

"Aoba Johsai is really cool too. Kawa and I had made some new friends, their names are Issei Matsukawa and Takahiro Hanamaki. The both of them are dorks and almost as annoying as Trashykawa, though I won't deny that they are significantly more manageable." Iwaizumi looked fondly at the ceiling for a moment.

"Anyways, we're almost coming to the end of our first year in high school in around another 2 more months, and I hope that by then you'll be awake." Iwaizumi muttered a small prayer under his breath.

-

Day 457
"I don't like that guy. He has like the most ridiculous bangs I've ever seen and he's pretty good." Semi trailed a finger along M/N's arm as he talked.

"He's been here for like a month, a first-year, and I can tell the coach is preferring his style over mine." Semi sighed.

"I hate it. I know that the team now is used to my style but I too know that the coach isn't that satisfied with it. The way I set is reckless, creative, bold and it takes chances but what the coach wants is stability, straightforwardness. But I can't hit that expectation." A sad smile tugged onto Semi's lips.

"Oh, you know what's the most infuriating thing?" Semi paused for a moment.

"That damn first year was all; 'I need to get better to win him over', and I was mad. Like who the heck is that 'him'?! It's like he doesn't even see me as a rival at all!" Semi huffed.

Semi's voice then softened as if not wanting to admit it, "I bet that he's going to replace me as the team's starting setter soon. After all, Ushijima-san doesn't require a setter that doesn't fully utilize him."

"M/N ah, M/N ah, what should I do?" Semi shook his head in frustration.

-

Day 469
"Hey M/N, it's been a while since I've visited." Kunimi gently brushed M/N's hair aside from his alluring face.

"I do hope you're going well and having fun wherever your conscious is. Though please do remember to come back to us." Kunimi smiled softly down at M/N.

Kunimi's smile dropped "You better return M/N. It's hard to say this but you're our glue and support. Without you here around, I really ain't all that passionate about anything anymore. And not only that, our friendship with Kageyama-kun is slowly falling apart without you. He's drifting, and we're drifting. His personality did a turn for the worse in like the past 2 months or so, and it's our final year in middle school already."

"I feel like Kageyama-kun is just becoming more and more exclusive. He expects a lot from us, he works ten times as hard in volleyball all of a sudden and completely disregards our feelings. I'm not sure how long our friendship can hold on without you in the equation. Kindaichi is about to blow. Things are really getting bad right now." Kunimi sighed as he continued to pat M/N's soft hair.

"I'll see you soon, okay M/N?"

-

Day 522
Oikawa guided the girl into M/N's hospital room. Taking a quick seat beside M/N, Oikawa gently held M/N's hands introducing the girl that was ushered in by him.

"Hello M/N-chan, I hope you're feeling good. Today I brought a guest here." Oikawa gestured to the girl that he had just brought in.

"M/N-chan, meet my girlfriend Risu. She's a second year in Aoba Johsai as well." Oikawa pulled Risu in front.

"Hey Akiri-san, it's nice to meet you. Oikawa has spoken so many great things about you. I do hope you'll get better soon." Risu spoke sweetly as she glanced almost sympathetically at M/N's unmoving body.

Oikawa smiled as he gave M/N a small head pat, with Risu just standing beside him looking on with what appears to be fond eyes.

However, as the both of them left the ward, unbeknownst to Oikawa, on the way out, Risu proceeded to throw a sharp spiteful glare at M/N.

'Distasteful.'

___________

Author's note:
The next chapter should be the last coma chapter meaning that M/N's waking up soon 🥳. Especially since I bet that you all have been missing a lot of M/N action🤧.

Anyways, please don't mind any errors, vote, stay safe and

Stay happy readers! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ