Part-42

Why?

Why?

Why?

Aravind Malik stood across the room facing his family having so many questions.

Dadi:Answer us Aravind,where were you?where is Devki now?why did you left us with out informing us anything?

We would have helped you,right?

Aravind:Harshad started to doubt that I got aware of his second face,he came to my office and had found out that I was mostly not available at there that previous week.

I was helpless ma...I didn't see the criminal side of him...he was my friend ma.On one side he did tried to help me overcome the illegal business but I did not know what happened that Harshad started these and had became worst.

Arnav:What happened to Vikrant uncle?

Aravind:That same day at night,I asked my bodyguards to come with me to rescue Vikrant from that old warehouse,there I found out something that Harshad was confornting to Vikrant that he will harm his girls and send them to prostitution if he didn't signed that papers.

And also revealed that he was the one who made Vikrant's car to get into accident. Vikrant was nearing his death as he lifted up his hand to sign the papers.

Dadi: what happened then?

Aravind: Vikrant tore the papers angrily and said Harshad will never find his daughters and he won't allow anything to happen to them and took his final breath.

I could not save Vikrant ma...He died in front of me..I won't forget it.The deeds I once did came back to bite me, where ever I go I got threatened by someone or the other, Harshad started to search for the girls.

Kushi was safe with Shashi and I made sure that Harshad didn't get any inkling about the adoption details.

Harshad thought Devki died in that accident,so he fully focused on finding Kushi.

I came to Delhi to explain everything to Ratna but Harshad's men followed me and asked me to come with them.I didn't got the chance to meet any of you.

Harshad asked me many things and asked me to sign the property papers, his lawyer then came and said Rana uncle had devised the will in such a way that even if I gave back the property papers to Harshad, everything will go to the trustee of the children care that I own in Lucknow.

Arnav:The trustee of that children care is  Dadi right?

Aravind:yes.

Harshad thought it was in my name and started to threaten me,so I had too do which will secure my family...

Anjali: That is why you got absconded?

Aravind:I could not say anything openly, his mens were following me,I called you guys many time before going away but ma didn't listen to me.

One day,I got an information that Harshad had a doubt on Devki being alive with me,and before Harshad came to search the whole sheeshMahal with his allies from underworld I took off to Australia with Devki.

He could not trace me there because I changed my identity along with Devki's.

I thought everything was finished,once Harshad retreats from there..I would come back to India..but Devki was too fragile for first two years we being there.

I couldn't inform you guys anything about him because I know Arnav will go for him to take revenge.

Ratna's demise made me more broken than before,I vowed myself that to protect you guys from being there,and I did.....most of the time,till Arnav became powerful.

Arnav:what about kushi?

A small thud sound distracted their conversation,and guess what Kushi was sitting near the door with blank eyes and Guptas were standing without any emotions.