12

Harry and I took a very long afternoon nap.

I wake up before he does, the bag of vegetables that he put on my ankle is thoroughly melted and discarded on the floor next to the bed. My injured leg has relocated from the pillow he used to prop it up and is now hooked over his thigh while he sleeps on his back, his arm wrapped around me tenderly.

I know he just helped me through probably the worst thing that will ever happen to me, but this is really intimate. I never even slept in bed with Johnny like this and we were together for almost a year.

I slowly pull my leg off of Harry's, trying not to wake him, and I sit up on the bed. It's dark outside again and I feel super disoriented. We slept for like six hours.

I unwrap Harry's arm from me and stand up from the bed, hobbling over to the table where the painkillers and my glass of water sit. I'm trying so hard to not wake him, but the pills rattling in the bottle are working against me.

I watch as he stirs, his arm that used to be wrapped around me is feeling around the empty mattress next to him, where I was before. His eyes are still closed, but his brows are furrowed, making the cutest annoyed, sleepy face I've ever seen. He sits up straight in bed and tries to rub the tired out of his eyes before opening them.

I shake two pills into my hand and swallow them with the rest of my water. His eyes find me standing at the table across the room and when I'm located, he groans, throwing himself back onto the bed.

"How long were we asleep? I feel like I'm in another dimension right now." He mumbles with his face buried in the pillow.

"Way too long." I giggle, opening the blinds to show him it's dark outside and let the moonlight in.

"Jesus." He mutters, rolling over in bed to look out the window.

"I guess we were tired." I shrug, walking back to the bed to sit down next to him.

"I guess." He agrees, sitting up next to me. "Vi, you left home practically twenty-four hours ago. Won't they be wondering where you are?"

"Maybe." I shrug my shoulders. "They probably just think I left with Johnny."

"It's not that I don't enjoy your company..." He tells me, standing up off the bed. "I'm just saying, you have to go home sometime."

"You enjoy my company?" I tease him, ignoring the second part of his sentence.

"I mean you're not the worst person to hang out with." He rolls his eyes at me and I smile.

"What am I supposed to say to them, Harry? I fell down a flight of stairs? Got hit by a bus?" I throw my hands up in the air in frustration at the situation. I gesture to the injuries on my face and down my body. "I look like shit, I can't hide this."

"You could try the truth." Harry tilts his head to the side looking at me. It's cute that he thinks people would care the way that he does.

"So I can listen to my mom come up with a hundred ways to blame me for it? No, thanks." I snort, leaning back on the bed.

"She would do that?" Harry looks shocked as he gets a glimpse of what my mother is like. I nod my head yes and watch as he shakes his head in disbelief.

All of a sudden he pulls his shirt over his head, standing at the foot of the bed in only jeans.

"What are you doing?" I glance down at his bare torso for a second before my eyes return to his face.

"Shower." He says flatly before turning around to walk towards the bathroom. He pauses with his hand on the door and turns to me. "You'll be okay?"

"Can I manage myself for ten minutes? Yes, Harry, I'll be fine."