H -64

"Where's that girlfriend of yours we've heard so much about, H?" My cousin, Henry, asks. "We're starting to think you made her up."

The rest of my cousins laugh, all of them giving me a hard time, and I roll my eyes. They'll find any reason to pick on me, especially since I'm one of the youngest.

"I think she ran off somewhere with Niall's girl." I scan the crowd, my stomach twisting a bit when I can't find her. "Did you not see me walk in with her? Where the fuck were you? We were the last ones in the door."

"You think I was waiting for your dumb ass to walk in?" He laughs and playfully punches my shoulder. "I've got better things to do, mate."

I catch a glimpse of Niall walking through the crowd to Mia. Violet is holding her hand, scanning the room, probably looking for me. Niall nods his head back in my direction and when her eyes lock with mine I grin.

"There's my girl." I say proudly and ignore whatever Henry started to say and meet her halfway across the floor. I pull her into my chest, but she pulls back immediately and I furrow my brows, confused.

"You didn't tell me you can play the piano?!"

I throw my head back and laugh at the annoyed look on her face, like I was keeping some big secret from her.

"I took lessons when I was a kid," I run my hands down her arms to soothe her. "The pianist they hired ended up being sick, so I practiced all morning to step in."

"That's really sweet." She concedes, her eyes softening. "You're so fucking dreamy, it makes me sick." She says with feign disgust.

I chuckle and pull her into me, planting a kiss on her forehead. I feel a presence form a half circle around us and when I look up, all of my cousins have made their way over to interrupt us.

I spend the next thirty minutes introducing Violet to at least eighty members of my family. I don't expect her to remember any of their names, but she looks everyone in the eye and shakes all of their hands. Bless her for trying.

By the time we make it back to our table, she seems exhausted, exhaling a huge breath of relief when she sees the familiar faces of Mia and Niall. I sit in my chair, but instead of taking her own, she decides to plant herself on my lap.

"Let's get you another drink, yeah?" Mia giggles and shoves a shot at Violet, who downs it immediately.

"You did so good." I whisper in her ear, trailing my fingers back and forth over her thigh, my other hand gripping her hip. "Everyone loves you."

"How many siblings does Anne have?" She says, eyes wide. "Your cousins make up half the people in attendance."

"Seven." I chuckle and brush her hair off of her shoulder. "She's the second youngest of eight."

"Nan was a busy lady." She raises her eyebrows, sipping a cocktail Mia handed her, and we all burst into laughter.

"Please tell me you're going to let loose tonight." She whispers, tugging on my tie a little. She pouts her bottom lip out and I have to fight the urge to sink my teeth into it.

"I will, baby, I promise." I tighten my tie back up and grin at the disapproving look on her face. "There's just a few more important wedding things to get through before you can get me drunk."

"Mmm." She hums and arches her back against my chest. "I like the sound of that."

She throws her head back onto my shoulder, which gives me a full view down the front of her body. Her legs are crossed, she'd look like a perfect lady if she wasn't sprawled across my lap. The dress hugs every curve of her and it takes everything in me to not run my hands over her hips and up to her breasts. I can see her nipples are hard under the satin, making my mouth water.