17

I give Niall directions to my house and we drive mostly in silence on the way there. My arms are crossed tightly over my chest and I can see Niall glancing over at me every few minutes.

He pulls up to my house and puts the car in park, turning towards me. "What did he do?"

I look at him for a second before finally responding. "Nothing." I tell him honestly. "I'm mad at myself, not him."

"Okay, so, what did you do then?"

I'm obviously not going to tell Niall every little detail of this morning and last night, so I think for a moment before I answer. I'm definitely not going to tell him that I'm frustrated emotionally and sexually and I can't control myself around his brother.

"I just-" I take a deep breath and glance over at Niall who is focused on me, looking like he really wants to help. "I guess I'm afraid I've maybe pushed things too far between us."

"What, like a relationship?" He clarifies.

"No."

"Like sex?"

"Yeah, but we haven't even had sex." My face heats up talking about this, especially with Harry's brother.

"You haven't even had sex yet and you're buggin' like this?" He chuckles at me. "What happened earlier that made you leave his house like a bat out of Hell?"

I don't say anything and glance over at him, embarrassed.

"Im not going to judge you, Violet." He assures me. "I've done things that would make the Devil himself blush."

"We were just making out." I admit and Niall nods at me to continue. "And it got...kind of hot and Harry stopped us before things progressed."

"Violet!" Niall yells my name, making me jump. "That's what this is about?"

I nod my head yes at him, confused.

"So, Harry put a stop to potentially having sex this morning..." he reiterates back to me. "Most likely because he values you as a person, knows you just got out of a serious relationship, and doesn't want to do anything you might regret later?"

Having Niall lay it all out in front of me makes it clear that I acted really irrationally this morning, and I just left because I was embarrassed. I just assumed I had done something wrong.

My eyes widen and my mouth forms a little "O" before I speak. "I guess I should've let him explain, huh?"

"You just ran out and didn't talk about it?!" Niall asks, laughing again. "I thought Harry was stubborn. He really met his match with you."

"God, I'm an asshole." I run my hands over my face, regretting running out on Harry this morning when he was just trying to be a gentleman.

"You're not, Violet." Niall's voice becoming serious and I turn to look at him. "Remember when you two were dancing at our party, and everyone stopped to watch?"

I nod my head yes at him, not sure why he's bringing this up.

"They weren't staring because you guys were being annoying or taking up too much room on the dance floor." He explains. "They were staring because it's really rare to see Harry like that."

I don't respond, just furrow my brows at him and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Dancing, laughing, and smiling. For a few minutes he was completely carefree," Niall smiles at me. "because he was looking at you."

"Oh, please." It's my turn to laugh this time. "That is so corny."

"Maybe." He smiles watching me laugh. "But it's true. He's a good guy, Violet. I know that above anything, he wants to make sure that you're okay."