H-16

I wake up to bright light filling the room and soft snoring in my ear.

I blink a few times to adjust to the sunlight pouring in through the windows and look down to see Violet, asleep, on top of me. My arm is wrapped around her back, and one of her legs in between mine. Her mouth is slightly open and her hands are resting underneath her on my chest.

She looks so beautiful and peaceful. I pull the blanket up over her more and try to slide myself off the couch from underneath her. She stirs when I finally make it off the couch and picks her head up to look at me, her eyes barely open.

"Go back to sleep." I brush her hair back from her face and try not to laugh at how offended she looks. She rolls over and tucks the blanket up under her chin, closing her eyes again.

I stand up and straighten out my wrinkled shirt, but it's no use. It's completely deformed from Violet laying on me all night. I don't remember when I fell asleep, it must've been shortly after Violet did, while we were watching a movie.

I hear a cabinet close in the kitchen and I look up to see my mum pulling out some plates and set them next to a huge batch of French toast. We had to have been sleeping hard to not hear her make all of that.

"Hi." She whispers to me when she notices I'm watching her.

"Hi." I respond quietly, walking into the kitchen to let Violet sleep. "Sorry, we must've just passed out at some point. I didn't even hear you guys come home."

"It's okay. You two looked awfully comfortable on the couch together, so we didn't want to wake you." She gives me a knowing look and raises her eyebrows at me.

"Mum." I sigh. "Would you stop? Violet and I are just....we're just..."

"Friends?" She suggests when I can't find the right word.

"I mean, not exactly."

"Right, because just friends don't sleep so snugly up against one another like that." She cocks an eyebrow at me and I groan, throwing my head into my arms that are crossed on the counter.

"Please." I mumble, begging her to leave me alone about this, especially when Violet is ten feet away from us on the couch, asleep.

"She's a sweet girl, Harry." She continues, pulling orange juice out of the fridge and setting it on the counter.

"I know, Mum." I agree, grabbing a cup from the counter and pour some juice in the glass. I look up and see Violet sit up on the couch, looking like she just rose from the dead. I stifle a laugh and walk over to her, handing her the glass.

"Did we sleep out here last night?" She asks, obviously a little embarrassed.

"Yes." She takes the juice from me and scrunches her face a little when I laugh. "What's the big deal?"

"Oh, nothing," She takes a sip and hands it back to me. "Just your parents coming home to see me draped over you on their couch."

"Would you relax?" I whisper, brushing the hair out of her face again. "It's not a big deal."

She rolls her eyes at me and gets off the couch, saying a soft good morning to my mum before she shuts the bathroom door behind her. I help set the table for breakfast and right on cue, everyone emerges from their rooms.

Dad walks out with Macy on his hip and kisses mum good morning, I smile watching them. Niall bounds down the stairs, his hair a wild mess, and he sits down across from me at the table. Mum sits at one end and Dad at the other, with Macy at his side. I left a chair empty next to me for Violet, who is going to be shocked at the handful of new people who showed up while she was gone.