13

Harry and I are sitting outside my house in silence, and I'm trying to build up the courage to go inside. It doesn't look like anyone is home, but I know once I leave this car, I have to face the real world. I wish I could stay in the little bubble Harry and I created forever.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Harry whispers, the first words spoken between us since we got in the car thirty minutes ago.

"Yes."

Harry immediately opens his door and walks around to my side, opening mine as well. I climb out of the car and step onto the pavement, taking a deep breath before I start towards my house.

"There's no one here." I say when we start walking across the lawn. "I don't know why I feel so-"

I cut myself off when I notice the front door swing open, and Cas come barreling out at me.

"Jesus Christ, Violet!" He exclaims, pulling me into him and hugging me tightly. "Where the fuck have you been?"

He pulls back from me and does a double take at the healing wound on my head before examining the rest of me. I'm still wearing Harry's shirt, and another jacket he let me borrow, but he showed me where he put my bloody clothes finally. We tried to get the stains out of my shorts so I could wear them home, but you can still see some stubborn patches of red. Cas takes in every mark on my body, his eyes pausing on my wrapped up ankle before he looks at me again.

"Mom said you left with Johnny..." He says as he brushes my hair off my face to get a better look at my head. "When you didn't come back, I covered for you and said that you were spending the night with him...but I know that's not true because you told me that you were breaking it off."

I haven't said a word, just letting Cas put the pieces together and seeing what he comes up with. He looks at Harry for the first time and then back to my forehead before he meets my eyes.

"Violet, what happened?" Worry fills my brother's eyes as he looks at me, and he grips onto my shoulders, shaking me a little. "Something is going on that you're not telling me...Did- Did Johnny do this to you?"

"Easy, Cas." Harry warns him from behind me, and Cas looks at him for a moment before speaking to me again.

"He hurt you?" His voice breaks, a lump forming in my throat while I watch the realization wash over his face. I nod my head yes at him and watch his features harden in anger. "I'm gonna kill him."

Cas lets go of me and makes a B-line for his car parked on the street that I seemed to have missed before. I'm about to go after him, but Harry steps in the way, blocking his path, before I can.

"Mate, don't." Harry says, putting one hand on his chest.

"Did you know?" Cas asks Harry, shoving his hand down off of him. "Is that why you've been asking all these questions about her? Worrying about her? You fucking knew?"

"This isn't what she needs right now." Harry says calmly in response.

"I trusted him to take care of her." I listen to my brother tell Harry, my heart breaking when his voice cracks again in anguish.

Harry nods his head at Cas, patting him on the shoulder in comfort before he walks back over to me.

"I'm going to go." Harry says, pulling me in for a hug. He angles his head down next to my ear and whispers, "If there's one more person on your team besides me, it's him."

Harry releases me from his hold, taking any warmth with him, but it's soon replaced by my brother wrapping his own arms around me. I hug him tightly and bury my face in his chest.