41

This afternoon, after Harry was able to take a shower and put on some normal clothes, the detectives came back to take his statement.

I gathered my things and stood up to leave, but Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me back down into the chair next to him.

"Can you stay?" He asked quietly, looking a little nervous.

I would do absolutely anything I could to make him feel comfortable. It's so scary to tell the police what happened. I figured he would want his mom or Niall here when he gave the statement, but I was so touched that he wanted me there.

I held his hand the entire time. His fingers would flex over mine every once in awhile when he would explain my injuries in detail, or the after effects that my relationship with Johnny had on me. At some point Anne snuck into the room, sitting quietly in the back just to listen, since she hadn't gotten a full story from either of us yet.

Once he was done with the detectives, they let us know that they will need to get the voodoo doll box from me and the Polaroids of my injuries from Harry. In that moment, I remembered that I had others.

"You took pictures of other times he left marks on you as well?" Detective Maria asked, her eyebrows shooting up.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, unsure how to take her reaction.

"Smart girl." She praises me and smiles slightly. "I will need everything that you have, no matter how small."

Shortly after they left, Dr. Stewart came in and let us know that Harry could be discharged tomorrow morning, if everything continues to look good.

We got another scolding from the doctor about our activities and how we needed to be careful, but this time was extra mortifying, because Anne was in the room. I could see her from the corner of my eye, trying to hold in a laugh, and I immediately wanted to jump out the window.

I really wish our sex life would stop coming up in conversation with our family members.

"Vi, baby." I feel Harry's hand brush my hair back from my face, and my eyes flutter open to look at him. I don't remember when or how I got here, but I am on Harry's hospital bed, while he stands next to me. "You're exhausted. I'm okay, why don't you go home and get some real rest?"

"The last place I want to be is my house." I scrunch my nose up at him and try to get out of his bed, but he blocks me with his body. "I don't want to see my mom and have her ask a million questions."

"Oh." He mumbles, rolling his lips into his mouth to hide a smile. "This is embarrassing, but when I said home, I meant my house, not yours."

"Oh." I giggle and tilt my head to the side a little, thinking. Harry's king size bed all to myself? Abso-fucking-lutely. "Yeah, that might be nice."

"Great, because I already asked Niall to take you."

I look past him and see Niall standing in the doorway with his keys in one hand, waving at me. I smile at him, glad to see he is all cleaned up, the bloody pirate clothes nowhere to be found.

"Harry..." I whisper, and he leans toward me more to keep our conversation private. "Are you sure you're okay? I'm scared to leave you."

"I'm fine, baby, I promise." He leans forward and kisses my nose before he grabs my hands to help me off the bed. He's saying one thing, but the way he winces when he moves tells me another. "You going home and sleeping would make me feel so much better though."

"Fine." I mutter and gently wrap my arms around his waist to bury my face in his chest while we hug. He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.

"Thank you for sticking by my side, always." He whispers and I angle my head up to look at him. He leans down and softly kisses my lips, mumbling quietly. "Love you."