33

"Violet, wake up." I'm startled awake by Harry pushing on my shoulder, the tone in his voice immediately makes my guard go up.

I flutter my eyes open and sit up on the bed, brushing my hair out of my face and take in a panicked breath from being suddenly woken up.

"What the fuck is this?" He says.

I blink a few times to get the fuzziness out of my eyeballs and brain, and my gaze land on Harry. He's standing at the foot of my bed, in his boxers, his face fuming and his skin flushed. I furrow my brows at him, confused where the attitude came from, until I see what he's holding in his right hand.

The box.

The fucking box that Johnny left in my house with the little Violet voodoo doll in it.

I had completely forgotten it was even there.

"How did you find that?" I question him, and cross my arms over my chest. "Snooping while I sleep?"

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit." He tosses the box onto my bed in front of me, the doll tumbling out with the knife still in her head. "What the fuck is that!"

Regret and embarrassment flood through my body. I should've fucking told him about this as soon as I saw it.

"I don't know, okay? I don't know." I kick the creepy doll to the end of my bed, not wanting it near me. "When I got home after my birthday weekend, it was just sitting on my bed."

"It was sitting on your bed, Violet?" Harry's eyes widen in shock and he throws his hand up into his hair. He takes a deep breath, but the vein in his neck popping out tells me that he is beyond pissed. "He was in your room."

"The window was cracked when I got here...I shut and locked it as soon as I noticed." I tell him, my voice slightly defensive, but I know I don't have any ground to stand on.

"Why didn't you fucking call me?" He says before he begins pacing at the end of my bed.

"What was I supposed to say, Harry? I don't even know what it is." I know that he's right, but I cant stop myself from fighting back.

"You don't know what it is?" He repeats my words, contempt thick in every syllable. He grabs the doll and holds it up, forcing me to look at it. "It's a fucking threat, Vi."

"Okay, but you got one from Ashley, and nothing ever happened to you. It's probably a stupid joke."

"Violet!" He shouts, making me jump a little. "Ashley hadn't already tried to kill me, and then used the same weapon to give the doll a lobotomy!"

He's never raised his voice at me like this before, but it doesn't scare me. The difference between Harry and I fighting, and Johnny and I fighting, is that Harry doesn't want me to be afraid of him. I think the reason his emotions are so elevated is because he is scared.

"I know, okay?" I finally back down. "I didn't know what to do."

"You can't just ignore things to make them go away, Violet." He shakes his head at me and throws the doll back into the box.

"Stop."

"God, stop what?" He huffs, still pacing around the room in front of me. "Stop caring about you? Stop worrying that something is going to happen to you? Maybe you should stop fucking keeping things from me and then this-" he gestures with his hand between the two of us at the animosity in the air. "wouldn't fucking happen."

"Look, I know I should've told you, but I didn't, okay?" I throw my hands up at him in surrender. "I can't go back and change it now, so stop making me feel bad about it."