H- 24

She's so beautiful.

As soon as she stepped into the shower and under the hot water, she hummed the most lovely sound I've ever heard. Completely content in this moment as she closes her eyes and lets the water cascade down her naked body.

I'm in awe of her. Every second we spend together, I am amazed at the way she makes me feel like we are the only two people that matter.

Even when we fight.

Even when she furrows her eyebrows at me in annoyance, creasing the skin between them.

Even when she frustrates me with her stubbornness to the point I can't even see straight.

I find myself never wanting to be without her.

What the fuck is up with that?

She does things to me that I can't even begin to explain, not even to myself.

Absolutely nothing and no one can compare to her.

She scares the fuck out of me. I have all of these emotions coming up to the surface and I don't know what to do with them.

She makes me want to be better.

I don't know how to be better- but I want to figure it out. For her.

"Why are you staring at me?" Violet giggles, glancing back over her shoulder at me and I snap out of my thoughts.

"I wasn't." I lie. "You look tired, baby, let me help."

I grab the white shampoo bottle off of the shelf and put some in my hand. I gently lather it into her hair and she leans against me, closing her eyes, with her hands against my chest.

"How did you know the exact products I use?" She asks out of nowhere, squinting up at me with one eye open as soap bubbles run down the other side of her face.

I quickly wipe it out of her eye and take the shower head down to rinse her hair.

"Uh- just lucky I guess. I asked a lady working at the store which one she liked."

She's smiling up at me, but I'm doing my best to ignore her as I rinse the rest of the shampoo out of her hair and move on to conditioner.

"You're sweet." She mumbles below me and I roll my eyes.

"I've been called a lot of things," I chuckle. "but I don't think sweet is one of them."

"Yeah, well, I get the feeling not a lot of people know this side of you."

"I could say the same about you, Vi."

We just stare at each other for a moment while I continue rinsing the conditioner out of her hair.

"I'm very comfortable with you." She confesses quietly. I raise my eyebrows at her and put the shower head back in place. "I'm not used to that."

She's being very open and honest right now. But despite what she's saying, I can tell it makes her uncomfortable to be so vulnerable.

Vulnerable in so many ways.

We just had sex- without a condom, her body reacted to me in a way that she's never experienced before, she's obviously exhausted, naked in the shower with me, and admitting a certain way that I make her feel.

It's ironic that the more I think about how happy she makes me, the more my chest tightens, fear creeping in.

"Me too, baby." I smile at her and she smiles back, reaching behind me to grab my shampoo off the shelf and pour sone into her hand.